Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 08-12-2004, 09:00 AM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian
Default Tetris With A Different "Slant"

http://www.original-games.net/teentris.html

I don't know for sure, but I bet that Tetris and Tetris-like games are among the most widely used games in all of computing history. We've all seen dozens of different incarnations of the game, and many of the Tetris clones show absolutely no originality. But, there's a new and original version being launched by Original Games, called TeenTris, that has a new slant -- literally.

TeenTris, which actually includes three different games, incorporates a teenager, Viki, into the gameplay. In the first game, the object of arranging the falling blocks is to create an ascending stairway for Viki to climb so she can escape to the next level. In the second game, you need to create a descending stairway so Viki can make her escape. And the third game is just like the classic Tetris game.

You can download a fully functional version of the game for free from the Original Games Web site. A license costs only $9.95, but if you don't buy the game before the trial period ends (I couldn't find out how long that is), only the first and second games are disabled; you still get to keep the third one free of charge.

It's kinda cute to include a teenage girl in the game, but something about her seems unnatural. Maybe it's just that, unlike the teenage girl in MY house, the one in the game doesn't constantly roll her eyes at me as though I'm the geekiest geek who ever geeked his way into Geektown.

Old 08-12-2004, 09:51 AM
Jorlin
Ponderer

I want to try it but it fails to run on my German PPC.
Maybe because the intallation path becomes messed up...

Old 08-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Iznot Gold
Intellectual

Brad I notice you are not using a signature. I think you just created one for your self: -

"I'm the geekiest geek who ever geeked his way into Geektown."

Regards
David

Old 08-12-2004, 10:36 AM
rhmorrison
Philosopher
Default Re: Tetris With A Different "Slant"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Adrian
It's kinda cute to include a teenage girl in the game, but something about her seems unnatural. Maybe it's just that, unlike the teenage girl in MY house, the one in the game doesn't constantly roll her eyes at me as though I'm the geekiest geek who ever geeked his way into Geektown.
Yeah, but wait until she goes to college (or moves out) and needs help with her PC/laptop/PDA. Who will she come to . . .

You guessed it - - - Super Geek Daddy!! :ladysman:

Old 08-12-2004, 01:37 PM
voodoo
Pupil

The license agreement says that the trial period is 7 days.

Old 08-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhmorrison
Yeah, but wait until she goes to college (or moves out) and needs help with her PC/laptop/PDA.
Probably. I'm no super-tech, but when it comes to PCs, I can do the usual upgrades and switch-outs. When our family desktop died recently, we had a heck of a time figuring out what the problem was. When I finally got it up and running after nearly four weeks of downtime, my teenagers nearly kissed my feet.

They had been using my Pocket PCs for IM, but they still REALLY missed the desktop for other stuff.

Old 08-12-2004, 02:29 PM
jgrnt1
Theorist

:roll:

Old 08-12-2004, 02:30 PM
jgrnt1
Theorist

Sorry....I couldn't resist.

Old 08-12-2004, 03:13 PM
felixdd
Philosopher
Send a message via ICQ to felixdd Send a message via AIM to felixdd Send a message via MSN to felixdd Send a message via Yahoo to felixdd

Nice! Finally a new spin on tetris!

Old 08-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Adrian
TeenTris, which actually includes three different games, incorporates a teenager, Viki, into the gameplay.
But, what if I want to play when Viki does not? Or vice versa? What if one of us is much better than the other?? And how can she play against ALL of us at ONCE???

:P