Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 08-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default New Cases from Vaja: iPAQ 4350, SD Card Holder, and Bluetooth Headphones Holder

http://www.vajacases.com/affiliate&ID=100

First up, we have the I-Volution Tusan for the HP iPAQ 4350 pictured above. Features include: an anti-slide Shark Closure, "Push Push System" SD Slot, headphone access, an option for customization, and several colors available. The size is 3-2/8" x 5-6/8" x 1" inch.

Next we have the cute-as-a-button I-Volution X4, which holds four Secure Digital cards. It features a magnetic closure, four SD slots, the same "Push Push" system as their hard cases, and comes in a variety of colours. The size is 2-5/8" x 2" x 6/8".

Lastly, Vaja has released the GE11 Pouch for Bluetooth Headphones. I don't know if they meant headphones or headsets, but it looks like it would likely fit either one. It comes with a snap closure, an Ultra Clip, and is available in several colours. The size is 2-4/8" x 2-2/8" x 1-4/8" inch. [Affiliate]

Old 08-10-2004, 12:22 AM
OSUKid7
Mystic

Any word on when cases for the new iPaq will be out? I'm always impressed with Vaja's cases, but haven't gotten one for my 3870 since I knew I'd be getting a new PDA fairly soon.

Old 08-10-2004, 12:53 AM
gorkon280
Philosopher

Ahhh I soooo want the Tusan case for my 4355! These are a thing of beauty. The only thing is I would need more then one. You know....gotta coordinate! :mrgreen:

Old 08-10-2004, 12:58 AM
gorkon280
Philosopher
Default Questions

Kind of off topic, but would anyone kow where I coudl get a dummy 4355?? I am thinking about having my dad make me a case for mine. It would be a little more utilitarian, but it would be gorgeous and have my name tooled/carved on it. My dad made the wallet I have been using and he is very good. Not as good as Vaja, but better because each case he has made for anything has been custom. Either a customized kit (special pattern) or something he's fabricated. If I had a dummy (could be a wooden dummy) he could use it to make a pattern/form.

Old 08-10-2004, 02:25 AM
The Half-Ling
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to The Half-Ling Send a message via MSN to The Half-Ling Send a message via Yahoo to The Half-Ling

I own the tuscan case and it is AWESOME!

expensive, but thats vaja, you get what you pay for...

Jake-

Old 08-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Constant Caffeine
Intellectual

I must say I�m rather disappointed. Vaja made four different cases for the h2200 series. I like the Aptus model the most which is similar to the Tusan model but for the h4350 series. Vaja only made one �classic� case for the h4155 series. Why did they not make �i-volution� case for my h4155?

I bought a Piel Frama case for my h4155. I only wish it offered the same protection the Aptus and Tusan appear to have.

Old 08-11-2004, 07:58 AM
beq
Oracle

By the way, the dimensions for the GE11 bluetooth headset pouch on the Vaja website says "2-5/8" x 2" x 6/8" inches"?

Anyways do they have anything smaller? Also I'm concerned the pouch flap is a hassle to open everytime I need to get the headset?

Old 12-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Spud
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to Spud Send a message via AIM to Spud Send a message via MSN to Spud Send a message via Yahoo to Spud

Do cases like these (or any other for that matter) interfere with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity?

Old 12-27-2005, 04:59 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud
Do cases like these (or any other for that matter) interfere with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity?
Nah. If anything was to diminish signal strength, it'd be large, thick walls and steel girders in your operating environment. I wouldn't consider a case a cause for concern.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Spud
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to Spud Send a message via AIM to Spud Send a message via MSN to Spud Send a message via Yahoo to Spud

Ah cool thanks Darius Wey. I'm new to the world of PPC's and this question sat in my head for a while till I found this awesome site. Thanks for the reply.

I'm sticking around here for a while me thinks hehe. To much good info to soak in.