Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian
Default Organize Your Notes For Free

http://www.bizon.org/bizorg/

The most common reason that Pocket PC users give for carrying their little devices around is to stay organized. For a lot of us, if it weren't for the calendar, to do lists and contacts database, we'd be completely lost. Here's an application that helps the Pocket PC keep us even more organized: BizOrg.

"BizOrg Pocket PC organizer provides the best place to store your Notes and Tasks, organize Contacts and Journal. BizOrg gives you one place to store all your notes and the freedom to work with them how you want. It helps you capture information in multiple ways and then organize and use it according to your needs."

I installed this and right away I noticed a couple of very useful things. First, I like being able to link a contact to a task or note. Second, the contact listing uses a smaller font, so the contact's ENTIRE first and last name are visible. The best part of BizOrg is that it's FREE! So, give it a try; you've got nothing to lose!

Old 07-30-2004, 04:20 PM
mrkablooey
Philosopher
Send a message via AIM to mrkablooey

this looks interesting, and the livejournal integration/plug-in is appealing as well. i'm going to give it a try. thanks for posting it!

Old 07-30-2004, 04:21 PM
jonathanchoo
Theorist

Sounds great...I will give this a try once activeStick fixes itself.

update: installed, glad they have a cab file on their site. The livejournal plugin seems to be quite interesting but I don't blog there. The app itself is great and certaintly worth more than free.

Old 07-30-2004, 05:16 PM
Birdman
Theorist

I use the Outlook Notes function quite extensively both on my PPC and the Desktop. Does this program integrate with the Notes function or does it have its own prop. Notes database?

Old 07-30-2004, 06:07 PM
akhella
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman
I use the Outlook Notes function quite extensively both on my PPC and the Desktop. Does this program integrate with the Notes function or does it have its own prop. Notes database?
I agree. That's the first thing I looked at when I ran the application: where are my notes?
May be intergration with outlook notes would be the best next step. Also I would love to have a blogger.com sync module.
I use NoteLens for note taking on the desktop and it's very well integrated with outlook.

Old 07-30-2004, 06:16 PM
sylvangale
Intellectual

Looks like Tombo, but prettied up a bit. The tab design is interesting. I'll have to try it out when I get home.

http://tombo.sourceforge.jp/En/index.html

Old 07-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Perry Reed
Thinker
Send a message via AIM to Perry Reed Send a message via MSN to Perry Reed

Nice! I use LiveJournal for one of my blogs, so I'm definitely going to give that a try.

It sounds like it doesn't integrate with Outlook notes, yes? That's too bad. But if nothing else, perhaps I'll have a decent little mobile LiveJournal client.

Old 07-30-2004, 09:15 PM
wocket
Thinker

This looks great. I'm currently doing research and i've been looking for a soloution to keep my thoughts and notes and a log of where i'm at and what I should be doing.

Just about to install it.

Wonder how it behaves in VGA.

Old 07-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocket
Wonder how it behaves in VGA.
I don't know. I [sigh] still don't have a VGA device.

Old 07-31-2004, 12:36 AM
Lex
Sage

Freezes up my iPAQ 3845 running PPC 2002. Have to soft reset to regain control of the PPC. I don't see system requirements anywhere on the website.