Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 07-13-2004, 09:00 AM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian
Default Does Wearing These Make Me A Geek -- With Nice Slacks?

http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/...argopants.shtml

In case I haven't mentioned it within the past couple of days, I love my SCOTTeVEST clothing! The SCOTTeVEST company has never ceased to amaze me with its incredibly functional and always high-quality products, from vests to jackets to hats to ties. Finally, the company's founder, Scott Jordan, has developed the one clothing item that's been missing from its repertoire: PANTS!

"You'll want to wear these every day! Featuring 14 hidden pockets and compartments, these pants offer the carrying space of cargo pants, yet are streamlined to look like regular khakis. The unique No Bulge� layered pocket design allows you to carry all of your stuff without unsightly bulges. We've even made sure that a large meal won't cause problems, as the waist has hidden drawstrings to fine tune the fit. Magnetic closures, our Personal Area Network and a hidden pen pocket are some of the many features that make these pants a wardrobe essential. And, since you'll be living in them, we made sure that they are extremely comfortable! The 100% cotton fabric is Teflon� coated for water and stain resistance."

These look really spiffy, if you ask me. Both Ed and I have been fans of the Levi's Dockers Mobile Pants, but these new SCOTTeVEST Hidden Cargo Pants are definitely an upgrade. Right now, they're only available in one color (Stone) and won't be shipping until around mid-September. But if you're an existing SCOTTeVEST customer, you can go ahead and pre-order them at the limited-time price of $89.99. That might seem a bit much for a pair of casual slacks, but if they're as high-quality as all of the other SCOTTeVEST fare, I'm sure they're worth it.

And, don't worry. The minute I get my hands on a pair, I'll give you a detailed review! In the meantime, Julie Strietelmeier at The Gadgeteer has written a review you should take a look at.

Old 07-13-2004, 09:16 AM
yslee
Thinker

no bulge sounds good, but it comes with a price tag to match! 8O

Old 07-13-2004, 01:33 PM
Zab
Ponderer

Id actually wear the pants. i will probably end up ordering a pair. The vest is too much for me. the pants are more along the line of what i need. hefty price but worth it if i can carry around all my gear without a bulge.

Old 07-13-2004, 01:53 PM
Kevin C. Tofel
Thinker
Default Re: Does Wearing These Make Me A Geek -- With Nice Slacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Adrian
And, don't worry. The minute I get my hands on a pair, I'll give you a detailed review!
Brad, you're not actually going to wear these on your HANDS are you? 8O

Looking forward to the review....

KCT

Old 07-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Hrm. I've never spent $89.99 USD (about $117 CND) on pants in my life, but these do look interesting. How can the bulge be avoided though when you're sitting down? Somehow I think I'll always prefer to carry my gadgets in my coat...but I'll be waiting for your review Brad.

Old 07-13-2004, 03:12 PM
ghostppc
Intellectual

If they have that cool neon x-ray effect and you wear them anyway, then yes, you are a geek! :devilboy:

Oherwise, as long as you don't tell anyone you're wearing an $80 pari of slacks, you should be good! :lol:

Old 07-13-2004, 03:30 PM
welmoed
Intellectual

Oh lordy, all I can think about is having to empty all those pockets before going through a metal detector 8O

Last week I went to the Smithsonian and thought I was being smart by carrying my wallet, phone, PDA, etc. etc. in my eVest. Oh lordy what a hassle. I set of every alarm they had, even with the vest empty. The zippers were enough to trip them. I ended up getting a tote bag and dumping all my stuff into it and after that things went quicker.

At least you can take OFF a jacket and run it through an x-ray machine. I don't relish the sight of geeks in skivvies waiting for their trousers to make it through security.

--Welmoed

Old 07-13-2004, 03:52 PM
scott911
Ponderer
Default Thanks for the Post

Thanks for the post! The pants are awesome. But also check out our new vest @ http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/Classic_bk.shtml.

Regarding your experience at security, I can tell you that that is an exception. Most people find it much easier to pass through security with their SeV. All you have to do is put it through the xray with all the gadgets in it. As far as the pants, you will likely have to remove the items from your pockets.

Scott

Old 07-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Re: Thanks for the Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott911
As far as the pants, you will likely have to remove the items from your pockets.
As long as they don't ask me to take off the pants, I'm ok with that. :lol:

Old 07-13-2004, 05:00 PM
welmoed
Intellectual
Default Re: Thanks for the Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott911
Regarding your experience at security, I can tell you that that is an exception. Most people find it much easier to pass through security with their SeV. All you have to do is put it through the xray with all the gadgets in it.
That's assuming they use an x-ray conveyer type of machine. In the case of most Smithsonian museums, you pass through a metal detector and bags are hand-searched (Air & Space does have the conveyor system). You are required to wear any article of clothing through the detector. Even some loose spare change in the bottom of one pocket set the machine off.

--Welmoed