Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 07-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Pocket PC Magazine: "40 Things I Did With My PPC In A Week"

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_archive...04/40things.asp

"I wear too many hats! I am a full-time graduate student, a youth pastor, a library assistant, a husband, and a father. Not too long ago I was an extremely unorganized person, forgetting and mismanaging important information. But now I�m the opposite because of the new love of my life�my iPAQ Pocket PC...The vast majority of people, including those who currently use PDAs, are not aware of many of the Pocket PC�s capabilities. I decided I would keep track of everything I did with mine for one week (excluding the typical Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks stuff). Here are the results."

Those of you who are Pocket PC veterans will probably find most of this list old hat, but if you're a new Pocket PC user, you should definitely check this out -- there's lots of great tidbits, and links to software of various shapes. Pocket PCs aren't just PIMs, they are truly handy mobile computers. 8)

Old 07-08-2004, 04:16 PM
dean_shan
Mystic

I wonder why he doesn't have 'Listening to a radio stream' on his list.

Old 07-08-2004, 04:27 PM
andbald
Neophyte
Default Re: Pocket PC Magazine: "40 Things I Did With My PPC In A Week"

Why I can't dial a phone number using Bluetooth on my Mitac Mio 528?
The �Send via Bluetooth� option just doesn't appear when I tap-hold the contact.
Suggestions?

Old 07-08-2004, 05:37 PM
andykemp
Pupil
Default iShop

I really like the look of iShop Books (http://www.smartworlds.com).

I hadn't seen this before, but it looks like a really useful piece of software for book buying!

Andy

Old 07-08-2004, 07:03 PM
foldedspace
Thinker

Great find. Not all of that was old hat...heh.

Old 07-08-2004, 08:36 PM
jonlien2003
Pupil

I listen to streaming music via gprs but the quality is not that good. I think gprs is not fast enough to handle the stream. for example, the music keeps on buffering and when it is playing, i constantly hear "popping" noises.

Old 07-09-2004, 08:04 AM
GreenBoy2
Pupil

The strangest thing about the whole article is the date - the date curently shown as September 2004 8O

This makes the artlcle 'Old Hat' as described in the article, but suprisingly means he watched the Next series of American Pop Idol!!!

Is it me or is it kinda scary? :roll:

GreenBoy

Old 07-09-2004, 03:23 PM
superfaron
Pupil

Hi, all! My name is Faron Davis, and I wrote this article for PPC Mag. The article was actually written in March, so a few things may seem weird if you thought that the article was written in September; there has to be a cushion of time for printing and publishing purposes, I guess.

Since March, I have actually "discovered" a few other uses that have become daily necessities, not the least of which is the Microsoft Voice Command software and a 4gb Hitachi microdrive! Now I have about 25 albums of music on my device all of the time (not to mention the extra video files I can carry) and I can access any of them hands free while driving with the awesome voice command software.

Thanks for your comments and for reading my article, and have a great day!

-Faron Davis

Old 07-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Hal Goldstein
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBoy2
The strangest thing about the whole article is the date - the date curently shown as September 2004 8O

Is it me or is it kinda scary? :roll:

GreenBoy
You think that is scary -- we just mailed out our "October" issue. Unfortunately, our Pocket PC magazine dating scheme drives everyone nuts, including me, who is responsible for it. The problem is this. Next issue is the Buyers Guide (which has no date). The following issue is December which will be received in November, which is much more normal. As the year progresses next year, the same thing will happen. We have 6 regular bi-monthly issues and a Bonus Buyers Guide for our subscribers and Newsstand distribution, and they need to be spaced equally. If anyone can figure out a solution that doesn't cause other problems, I am all ears. Post here or E-mail me privately.

Hal Goldstein, Publisher, Pocket PC magazine, [email protected]