Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-22-2004, 09:00 AM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian
Default FlexWallet Update and Giveaway

http://www.handango.com/brainstore/...roductId=123849

TwoPeaks Software, the developer that has given us such programs as TripTracker, BizBeam and BillRight, has just updated its secure electronic wallet application, FlexWallet.

"FlexWallet enables you to securely store and carry any type of personal or business information on your Pocket PC. Bank accounts, credit card information, emergency contact numbers, travel documents, software registration codes, online passwords, calling cards, gift ideas, clothing sizes, ATM Pins, you name it! FlexWallet has a full-featured desktop version, industrial strength 128-bit encryption for maximum data security, the ability to create your own templates, over 100 colorful icons to visually identify your information, and much more."

This new upgrade includes full support for all Windows Mobile 2003 devices and includes the full desktop version (a feature that I personally consider vital).

You can download a demo version or the full version for $24.95 from Handango.

OR, you can enter our drawing in which we're giving away ten free licenses of FlexWallet! Here's all you have to do in order to be included in the drawing:

1. Install the demo version of FlexWallet to your device.
2. Create a new wallet and add a new card to it.
3. Send an e-mail to brad-at-pocketpcthoughts-dot-com with the words "FlexWallet Giveaway" in the subject line.
4. In the body of the message, include the total number of card types you saw in FlexWallet on your device.
5. Also include your Pocket PC Thoughts username.

Of course, there are a couple of additional rules:
� No whining.
� The decisions of those performing the drawing are final.
� Eat your vegetables (Sorry, your mom told me to include that one).

All entries must be received before 1:00am EST on June 30. Shortly after that time, we will randomly select ten winners from the pool of all correct entries.

Old 06-22-2004, 12:18 PM
echernosky
Ponderer
Default BEST wallet program

WOW! This program is great. The best feature is the ability to customize templates on both the PC and the PPC.

Old 06-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Swordsman74
Pupil

Taken from their FAQ
Quote:
Q 13. Can I import data from eWallet, CodeWallet and other competing products?

No, data cannot be imported from competing products because it is an unreliable, inconsistent and error-prone process. Even if we offered a way to import data, it would not work flawlessly, and there would be some data loss or corruption.
I'm sorry but this is just bad thinking... How come a free, open-source password vault like KeyPass can offer various types of data imports (including Codewallet Pro!)? To me this just reeks of laziness - they don't even offer a generic CSV import!

I love the ease of their customizable templates, but it would just not be possible to switch without an import process... I guess I'll have to wait for the next version of Codewallet.

Old 06-22-2004, 04:12 PM
tsaylor
Pupil

Hmmm...I'd like to enter this contest but I'm running an older version of FlexWallet and I don't really want to install the new version and then face needing to reinstall the older version (and hope I don't corrupt my wallet in a way that isn't backwards compatible). Is there a way for previous FlexWallet owners to enter?

Old 06-22-2004, 04:19 PM
mel
Ponderer

tsaylor: the old version and new version of FlexWallet are completely independant, and can co-exist on the same computer or Pocket PC. By installing the new version, you do not risk the old data or old application in any way. The new version allows you to import data from your old version without making making any permanent changes to your data file. So, you can safely experiment and try and new FlexWallet 2005.

-Mel
Two Peaks Software

Old 06-22-2004, 07:38 PM
phillypocket
Ponderer
Default ... second that emotion

I completely agree that not having import capablility is short sighted. :evil: I have well over two hundred cards in my personal version of ewallet (I have another for business), and there is no way I'm re-entering that data. Which is most likely a lost sale for them, as I like using their personal health & Vehicle Manager programs.

<ot-rant>

Mel, If your still watching this thread, you should really take the time to answer your bulletin boards. There are too many important questions that either recieved no answer, or a partial answer. And many of these are from last year.

Although I still use the two products I purchased, the lack of response on your support boards is definately not giving me the warm & fuzzies.

</ot-rant>

Old 06-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian

I can understand the importance of the ability to import from other programs; I'd hate to have to type in the dozens of entries I already have. On the other hand, at least this comes with a desktop version, which should make data entry a lot easier.

Old 06-27-2004, 01:06 AM
OSUKid7
Mystic
Default Re: FlexWallet Update and Giveaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Adrian
4. In the body of the message, include the total number of card types you saw in FlexWallet on your device.
What exactly do you mean by card types? I've installed this great application and entered a few of my cards and other information, but I'm still a bit confused with what you're asking. Do you mean how many default teplates there are? or do you mean how many of those templates are "cards?" or do you mean how many different card icons are in the icon database?

Thanks for the offering the giveaway. I can't wait to try out the desktop version when my computer actually works again (major problems ATM...mobo was RMAed. :|)

Old 06-30-2004, 08:42 PM
brece
Pupil
Default Drawing

Anyone know if the drawing took place? I want to buy Flexwallet, but I'd rather have it for free.

Old 06-30-2004, 09:04 PM
OSUKid7
Mystic
Default Re: Drawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by brece
Anyone know if the drawing took place? I want to buy Flexwallet, but I'd rather have it for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Adrian
All entries must be received before 1:00am EST on June 30. Shortly after that time, we will randomly select ten winners from the pool of all correct entries.