¹ What the Zune Got Right - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 01-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Aaron Roma
Editor Emeritus
Default What the Zune Got Right

http://www.billville.org/wp/?p=997

"I have read some crazy stuff in reviews for the Zune (like taking a hit for not offering engraving), and a lot of the griping seems to amount to “It’s not an iPod.” Here are ten things you don’t see mentioned frequently enough in reviews, which I think are some of the greatest points about the zune. Read on and imagine me morphing into a big geek the further along I get."

Here's a nice top 10 list of features the Zune did right. I agree with most of this list, especially the screen, FM tuner, customizable interface, and Zune pass. Some of the items on the list, especially Wi-Fi, is a little questionable. Sure, it’s a great idea, just not realized yet. If I could already sync wirelessly, sure, it would be right there on the list. One feature I found missing on the list that I would have included is Zune's durable finish. What are your favorite Zune features?

Old 01-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

The durable finish is definitely one of my favourite features - I don't feel like I have to "baby" the Zune much. Though I still like my Vaja case.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:39 PM
williamc
Pupil

The finish is a nice aspect -- another small feature done right. Surprisingly, one of the things I regret, now that I've had some quality zune time, is not having gone with the brown model. Instead I got white, which is slick, but I wish now I had the official brand identity color.

Thanks for the link.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:02 PM
NPrtmn4evr
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
The durable finish is definitely one of my favourite features - I don't feel like I have to "baby" the Zune much. Though I still like my Vaja case.
I like the finish too. The durability is the 2nd best feature of the Zune for me (1st being the screen). And hopefully I'll be enjoying a Vaja case soon too if I'm selected to win one from the constest *nudge, nudge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamc View Post
Surprisingly, one of the things I regret, now that I've had some quality zune time, is not having gone with the brown model. Instead I got white, which is slick, but I wish now I had the official brand identity color.
Well if it makes you feel any better, I have the brown Zune, and sometimes I wish that I had either the black or white Zune. They look much slicker to me. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side

Last edited by NPrtmn4evr; 01-19-2007 at 09:23 PM..