Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-09-2004, 08:00 AM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami
Default New Animated Task Manager - Dynamo

http://www.handango.com/brainstore/...roductId=122200

Now this looks pretty cool. Zkmus found a program by Aspecto Software, called Dynamo. It's an animated task switcher which displays screenshots of all running applications and looks very similar to Mac OS X's Expose feature. Note, for space reasons, the image below is a screenshot of the 600k animated GIF image you can find at the download page. If you've got the bandwidth, it's well worth checking out to see how this works.

"Bring your PDA to life with Dynamo - the first animated task manager for Pocket PC which displays screenshots of all running applications. Click the activation button from any window and Dynamo slides images of all the running applications onto the screen. You can then easily select the one you want to switch to by clicking its image, and it zooms to fill the screen. You can also close applications from within Dynamo and watch as the remaining windows dynamically reposition themselves to fill the gap."

Note you'll need the .NET Compact Framework for this to work. If you're interested, you can get a free trial or buy it at Handango. [Affiliate]

Old 06-09-2004, 10:21 AM
surur
Mystic

I wanted to try this, but I cant download the version of the .net cf it requires (v1.43 something) Any idea where to find this?

Surur

Old 06-09-2004, 11:10 AM
obsto
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surur
I wanted to try this, but I cant download the version of the .net cf it requires (v1.43 something) Any idea where to find this?

Surur
You will find it here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframewo...s/default.aspx

"NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable"

Old 06-09-2004, 12:25 PM
surur
Mystic

That is a very confusing page

Quote:
NET Compact Framework 1.0 Downloads

.NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP2 Redistributable (Re-release)
The Microsoft� .NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP2 Redistributable includes everything you need to run .NET Compact Framework applications, including the Common Language Runtime and the .NET Compact Framework class library.
.NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP2 Developer Redistributable (Re-release)
The Microsoft� .NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP2 Developer Redistributable includes the latest .NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP2 CAB files for all supported processor types.
.NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP1 Redistributable
.NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP1 Redistributable The Microsoft� .NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP1 Redistributable includes everything you need to run .NET Compact Framework applications, including the Common Language Runtime and the .NET Compact Framework class library.
I've tried the one in bold, but it still did not work, with the same error.

Surur

Old 06-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surur

Surur
You will find it here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframewo...s/default.aspx

"NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable"
Thanks for that Obsto. Good to have you on board. 8)

I've got .net built into PPC2003 so I'm not quite sure what the answer is Surur. :? Anyone got any suggestions?

Old 06-09-2004, 01:11 PM
adamz
Thinker

Wow, this is just like Mac OS's Expose, except it can close programs. Pretty cool. Where's the Windows XP version?

Old 06-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Jonathan1
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz
Wow, this is just like Mac OS's Expose, except it can close programs. Pretty cool. Where's the Windows XP version?
Prob will never happen. Apple would be so over this with their lawyers faster then Gates at an Apple going out of business sale. I'm willing to bet they have a patent pending on Expose. Actually I will be interested in seeing if they come after this app. Right now I�m betting its not even on Apple�s radar yet.

Old 06-09-2004, 02:27 PM
crashdau
Ponderer

This is one really cool program! It just may make me stop using Wisbar Advanced......Have to think about this very carefully.

Old 06-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Felix Torres
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz
Prob will never happen. Apple would be so over this with their lawyers faster then Gates at an Apple going out of business sale. I'm willing to bet they have a patent pending on Expose. Actually I will be interested in seeing if they come after this app. Right now I�m betting its not even on Apple�s radar yet.
Would be interesting to see them try since XP has a PowerToy that does pretty much the same thing and it predates Expose.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p.../powertoys.asp

Its the alt-tab (AKA coolswitch) replacement Powertoy

Old 06-09-2004, 04:27 PM
surur
Mystic

I figured it out! It actually will only install if you have installed the .net framework on the computer, not just the pda (which I think is really stupid!) I never installed it, as I did not want to slow down my poor 766 Mhz device.

Anyways, its a lovely task switcher, pity one can not select a task by further tapping, and have to use the stylus. Otherwise brilliant.

Surur