Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default PhatWare Releases PhatNet LAN/WAN Monitoring Tool

http://www.phatware.com/press/pr040609.html

"PhatNet is a real-time analyzer that decodes and filters data transported over virtually any kind of Local Area Network (LAN) or Wide Area Network (WAN). It filters packet-based data by IP address, UDP port, TCP port, hardware address, or data string, and supports the creation of advanced filters for difficult-to-diagnose network problems."

If you're the kind of Pocket PC user that diagnoses network problems, this software will likely help you in that task. I remember a few years back crawling under desks with my Jornada 548 Pocket PC and a CompactFlash networking card, plugging into Ethernet ports and doing ping tests. It was infinitely easier than using a laptop, and much less expensive than using a vertical market-type network device. This software is priced at $99 (personal edition) and $299 (professional edition), so this isn't "hobby" software, but it's nice to see a pro-level solution come out. Do any of you use your Pocket PC for network sniffing/optimizing (beyond just simple War Walking)?

Old 06-08-2004, 10:21 PM
jt3
Ponderer

It should be noted that Phatware is offering $50 off each version if you order by August 31st. That won't help a whole lot on the Professional edition, but it makes the Personal edition HALF PRICE!!!

Here's a link that shows the discount: http://www.phatware.com/networktool/index.html

Old 06-09-2004, 01:00 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

At $50 after discount, the personal edition is cheaper than vxSniffer but doesn't do quite as much. The pro version is more along the lines of what vxSniffer does but at over four times the price!

I'm still peeved that Airscanner didn't update Mobile Sniffer for WM2k3.