Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 05-18-2004, 07:00 PM
Pat Logsdon
Magi
Default Dell Axim X30 Reviews Popping Up Everywhere

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.a...w=Dell+Axim+X30

BargainPDA: "As if the price point of the 312 combo weren't enough to get the blood pumping, the 624 combo gets things really interesting. It has the memory and dual wireless of the 312 combo, plus a cradle with a charging slot for a second battery, and Intel's newest and fastest processor available: the 624 MHz XScale PXA270. The 624 combo unit is priced at $349, a unbeliveable price point for such a loaded unit."

PDA Buyer's Guide: "All models support SDIO, have Intel XScale PXA270 (Bulverde) processors and Intel StrataFlash ROM (both faster and more expensive than the NAND Flash ROM found in recent low priced Pocket PCs). The basic model lists for a modest $199, while the middle model sells for $249 and the top of the line model costs $349. Amazingly low prices for all models! The basic model and middle models come with a USB sync cable (you can purchase a cradle separately for $20). The 624 MHz model comes with a chrome finish weighted USB sync cradle that can also charge a spare battery (the same cradle used for the Axim X3). Please note that these prices may change."

So...who's placed their order? :mrgreen:

Old 05-18-2004, 07:23 PM
acollet
Ponderer
Default Placed Mine

unbeatable price for a fully loaded PocketPC.. how could you ever consider a Palm.. Plus adv. exchange w/ no charge for 1 year ! Be curious how HP makes out w/ their prices.

Old 05-18-2004, 07:28 PM
jblodgett
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to jblodgett Send a message via MSN to jblodgett Send a message via Yahoo to jblodgett

Unfortunately it looks like these won't even begin shipping until mid-June.

What's the point of introducing a new product if you don't even have it in stock???

Old 05-18-2004, 07:29 PM
ricksfiona
Pontificator
Send a message via AIM to ricksfiona

That's going to put serious pressure on HP. Hopefully they're mouth watering HX4700 won't cost a small fortune.

Old 05-18-2004, 07:29 PM
rzanology
Sage

haaa haaaaaa.....to late dell. We are all already onthe waiting list for that new hp. Tough luck!

Old 05-18-2004, 07:55 PM
csterns
Intellectual

I am thinking about updating and was wondering with the new HP's on their way and probably due out about the same time wouldn't one better off waiting for the new HP?

Old 05-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Ed@Brighthand
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by csterns
I am thinking about updating and was wondering with the new HP's on their way and probably due out about the same time wouldn't one better off waiting for the new HP?
If the rumors are correct, the iPAQ hx4700 will be out in late July, at least a month after these Dells. However, I'd say you should certainly wait if the iPAQ is what you are looking for. It will supposedly offer a higher resolution screen and dual slots. However, I predict it will cost at least $150 more than the top of the line Axim X30, and quite possible $200 more.

Old 05-18-2004, 08:50 PM
csterns
Intellectual

Ahhhh, just in time for my B-Day. Make note to self: get HP47XX for B-Day

Hey for everything that is coming with it, it is worth the $200 bucks!

Old 05-18-2004, 10:22 PM
possmann
Oracle
Send a message via MSN to possmann Send a message via Skype™ to possmann

very good deal - nice job dell of pushing the envelope in features AND price point. IF HP came out with this it would cost at least $500 - just mark my words...

Old 05-18-2004, 11:56 PM
Jonathan1
Pontificator

**slams head into keyboard** rweuour323r92943294309r3c229034

WHY?!?! WHY is it so dang hard for a OEM to build a flip cover into a Pocket PC?!?! Is it because it might actually prevent someone from breaking the screen and needing to buy a new one?!?!?

**Throws a temper tantrum on the ground**

Other then that it looks like a fine device.