Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 04-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default O2 Bluetooth Headset Mini-Review

http://www.mtekk.com.au/browse/page755.html

"Just picked up the new BT Headset made for the XDA II by 02. AUD$128 from Harris Tech. So far and in summary, it's great. Works perfectly, sound quality is very good and range is pretty good. Function is great. Four hours talk time, 120 hours standby. Excellent value for money."

It's great to see the increasing variety of BT headsets. This one has a clipped receiver, but some people might prefer that if they don't like a larger device on their ear.

Old 04-17-2004, 06:46 PM
Aerestis
Theorist

I just want one because it looks cool

Old 04-17-2004, 10:27 PM
bjornkeizers
Sage

Hmm. looks almost exactly like the Nokia HS-3W headset...

I bought a new headset last week - I needed to replace my Jabra BT200 for one that supports the handsfree profile (I had the old 200) Picked up the Logitech headset; excellent sound quality and very comfortable to wear.

Old 04-18-2004, 03:11 AM
Wiggster
Philosopher
Send a message via AIM to Wiggster Send a message via MSN to Wiggster

All I want is a Stereo bluetooth headset that can be used on my PDA and my Ericsson T616, and for under $60. Not asking for too much :mrgreen:

I like the look of that one, even though at first glance, I thought it was a poorly-designed micro-mouse.

Old 04-18-2004, 03:18 AM
dh
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornkeizers
Hmm. looks almost exactly like the Nokia HS-3W headset...

I bought a new headset last week - I needed to replace my Jabra BT200 for one that supports the handsfree profile (I had the old 200) Picked up the Logitech headset; excellent sound quality and very comfortable to wear.
I've been using the Logitech for a couple of months. I have to use a dongle since I don't have a BT phone.
As you say, the sound quality is excellent. The only thing I find is that I have to speak more quietly than usual because the mike is very sensitive. Good product though, even though it's a bit geeky looking for my taste!

Old 04-18-2004, 08:13 AM
bjornkeizers
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh
I've been using the Logitech for a couple of months. I have to use a dongle since I don't have a BT phone.
Really? What kind of dongle/phone are you using?

Quote:
As you say, the sound quality is excellent. The only thing I find is that I have to speak more quietly than usual because the mike is very sensitive.
I've used the headset with Skype. I used it through a BT dongle on my laptop, as I don't have a suitable wired headset with mike. The quality at the other end was superb - as if I was standing next to the person I'm talking to.

I have to play with it a little to get it to play the audio of the other person over my speakers, instead of my headset. For some reason, it sounds pretty bad coming through the headset.

Still, it's a great product. No complaints so far. Excellent uptime, good sound quality, and best of all, very comfortable to wear! As I mentioned, I also own a jabra. It looks OK, but it's not that comfortable. With its hard plastic bending your ear and the eargel.... The logitech has a big earpad and clips on the back of your ear, so I can even wear it with glasses!

Quote:
Good product though, even though it's a bit geeky looking for my taste!
pt once remarked that these headsets look like props from Stargate - I couldn't agree more. Most of them look pretty Sci Fi, and I wouldn't hesitate to wear them to a Star Trek con... but in a business setting, I think people would prefer something less geeky, like the nokia headset.

I've used the headset

Old 04-19-2004, 03:45 AM
johncruise
Theorist
Send a message via MSN to johncruise

I have been using this for almost 4 months (it's actually a rebranded i^touch headset) and it's been serving well for it's purpose.

If you wear an eyeglass or sunglass (most of the time you do when you are driving)... I would recommend this instead. The one from Plantronics and Jabra feels very unconfortable -- at least for my standard.

Just my 2 cents.