Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 04-06-2004, 03:00 AM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami
Default Review of Anodized Aluminum Grips for iPaq h2200 Series

http://www.pc-counselor.com/reviews/gripsh221x.htm

�Since PocketPCTechs announced the new h2200 series replacement grips many users have been asking the same question: Can these grips be used with an InnoPocket Aluminum Case? To answer this question PocketPCTechs sent me a replacement kit.� And lets face it, it�s a lot more fun to find out the for oneself, rather than being told the answer! With trusty screwdriver duly in hand, PC-Counselor set off to find out.

Some assembly required apparently - fancy that!

The final result was: �The Anodized Aluminum Grips from PocketPCTech are very well made and in my opinion is a solution that will last for ever in your h2215.� Forever eh? That�s pretty good going. :wink:

If you have a h2200 or are just interested in random PPC maintenance (with photos), then check out the full instigation/review.

Old 04-06-2004, 03:36 AM
felixdd
Philosopher
Send a message via ICQ to felixdd Send a message via AIM to felixdd Send a message via MSN to felixdd Send a message via Yahoo to felixdd

That's a very pretty bracelet ctitanic

Old 04-06-2004, 04:01 AM
ctitanic
Oracle

jajajaja...
That was my daughter helping me with this review.

Thanks Jonathon!

Old 04-06-2004, 07:07 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

I saw the blue ones on Ed's iPAQ 2210 today. They look fantastic. Very, very professional. Dave Evans of PPCT also has a pair (can't remember which color) here.

--janak

Old 04-06-2004, 07:13 AM
juni
Sage

If anyone have doubts about the grips working with the vaja i-volution case I can report that they work fine with mine (even better, the device slides in more easily).

Old 04-06-2004, 01:19 PM
pootp
Ponderer

Are the finger grooves comfortable to use? Are they positioned in the right place? To me, I'm hesitant to buy the grips because I am thinking that the grooves will be uncomfortable or awkward for my fingers.

What are your opinions of this?

Thanks..

Old 04-06-2004, 01:21 PM
ctitanic
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pootp
Are the finger grooves comfortable to use? Are they positioned in the right place? To me, I'm hesitant to buy the grips because I am thinking that the grooves will be uncomfortable or awkward for my fingers.

What are your opinions of this?

Thanks..
Well, IMMO these grips are very confortable, even more than the rubber ones.

Old 04-06-2004, 06:56 PM
thunderck
Intellectual

Ya so my 2215 grips are starting to come off... I'll be looking into this soon I think. :wink:

Old 04-06-2004, 07:29 PM
griph
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to griph

Quote:
Originally Posted by juni
If anyone have doubts about the grips working with the vaja i-volution case I can report that they work fine with mine (even better, the device slides in more easily).
I can confirm that too - with my nice new red grips! Might buy the blue ones too - so I can change from time to time.

Old 04-06-2004, 07:41 PM
rmasinag
Theorist

I have the red ones! :mrgreen:

And yes! for me, the finger "grooves" work best when my 2210 is naked, which is half the time now because I cant believe how sexe my IPAQ looks and a lot of oohs and aahhs from peolpe now. No sense evaluating the grooves when it's in a case.

I must admit that the grips seem a little bit smaller as they may slide out of certain cases now. For me my Proporta AL case, but not a problem on my Bellagio slipper case and Innopocket TI case.

So just be aware of that.