Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 03-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Official HP iPAQ Pocket PC h6000 Series Support Page

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...6&lang=en&cc=us

Well, well - look at what darthandy found on the HP site: a support area for the iPAQ 6000 series. Now, why would they have that, unless the device is real? ;-)

Old 03-17-2004, 11:17 PM
Will T Smith
Thinker
Default Looks real to me ...

But we really need verification from the FCC database since this device will need approval.

Old 03-17-2004, 11:28 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Re: Looks real to me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will T Smith
But we really need verification from the FCC database since this device will need approval.
I talked to someone who would know about this, and he said that when a company is submitting something for approval, there's a box they can check off and it won't be published on the public site - but that 99% of companies forget to check that box. So perhaps the FCC database isn't as reliable now as it once was for finding leaked devices...just one theory. ;-)

Old 03-17-2004, 11:35 PM
Enderet
Thinker

I dont think that the link "the device is real", works. At least not for me using IE.

:cry: Jason I know that you know about upcoming technology and when new PPCS are expected, as well as the name of the next version of WMobile. Just like last time when we all stayed up in anticipation of the release of "Pocket PC 2003", but you already knew the new name.

Can you at least tell us when you might be able to tell us more about the upcoming things?

Old 03-17-2004, 11:52 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderet
Can you at least tell us when you might be able to tell us more about the upcoming things?
"He that hath a secret, to keep it secret, must keep it secret, that he hath a secret."

My guess is 'No'. :lol:

Old 03-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
I dont think that the link "the device is real", works. At least not for me using IE.
Yeah, it looks like Tek 'n Toys is down. <sigh> Anyway, I was just linking to the pre-order page. ;-)

Quote:
Soon? :wink: Honestly, due to NDAs with Microsoft, I can't say much. But the future is looking bright...and, shall I saw, both bigger and smaller at the same time. Yes. Crisper. :lol:

Old 03-18-2004, 12:06 AM
huangzhinong
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Quote:
Yeah, it looks like Tek 'n Toys is down. <sigh> Anyway, I was just linking to the pre-order page. ;-)

Quote:
Soon? :wink: Honestly, due to NDAs with Microsoft, I can't say much. But the future is looking bright...and, shall I saw, both bigger and smaller at the same time. Yes. Crisper. :lol:
Hi Jason,

We are really appreicated about your hints. As long as you don't break NDA, can you tell us if the future is really bright this time? Since you mentioned the bright future for WM2003 before too, but it turns out WM2003 has no big improvment comparing with previous versions.

Thanks

Old 03-18-2004, 12:15 AM
Terry
Intellectual

Quote:
Yes. Crisper. :lol:
Crisper?? Will my PPC be able to use Pringles instead of SD cards?

Old 03-18-2004, 12:21 AM
jb
Pupil

Quote:
Quote:
Are we talking starch here or what? :wink:

Old 03-18-2004, 12:32 AM
Enderet
Thinker

I love PPCs 8)