Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 03-10-2004, 02:05 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Subscribers Save 50% Off TextMaker, 20% Off Resco Explorer

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/discounts.php

We unveiled a great discount for Pocket PC Thoughts subscribers a couple of days ago: 50% off TextMaker, making the price $25 instead of the usual $50 USD. If you've been waiting for an excuse to buy this powerful word processor, here it is! Don't know what TextMaker is?

"TextMaker for Pocket PCs � the first and only complete word processor for Pocket PCs. Multi-language spell-checker? Graphics? Footnotes? No problem. Tables? Sophisticated character and paragraph formatting? At your fingertips. Lossless conversion of Microsoft Word .DOC files? Right on your Pocket PC."

Some of the other recent subscriber discounts:

� 20% Off Resco Explorer (Valid Until 5/4/2004)
� 25% Off Spb Imageer (Valid Until 8/9/2004)
� Save a Bundle on GPS Hardware from Semsons (Valid Until 5/3/2004)
� $10 Off Agenda Fusion from DeveloperOne (Valid Until 4/7/2004)
� 20% Off Any Handmark Product (Valid Until 5/1/2004)
� 30% Off Any TranCreative Product (Valid Until 3/31/2004)

Remember these discounts are for paying subscribers only, not for all 15,000+ of you who have registered in the forums. ;-)

Old 03-10-2004, 02:07 AM
scargill
Ponderer

Urm....do new subscribers still get a piece of s/w free? (namely Snails) I've just got the Belkin IR keyboard, so a good word processor might be useful!

Old 03-10-2004, 02:09 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scargill
Urm....do new subscribers still get a piece of s/w free? (namely Snails) I've just got the Belkin IR keyboard, so a good word processor might be useful!
Yup, there's still the free PDAmill software. ;-)

Old 03-10-2004, 02:14 AM
scargill
Ponderer

Really really sorry, but it doesn't seem to mention it on the subscription page, do I automatically get this or do I have to do something special? Which package does it come with?

Sorry for all the questions, but I 90% ganrantee I'll have a badge to the left by the end of today now!

Old 03-10-2004, 03:32 AM
dh
Mystic

As it happens, I've not taken advantage of many of the discounts because they are always for software I already have.
But, there is no question, someone new to PPC can really start to build a great device using the discounts that Jason has negotiated. Textmaker as an example is nothing short of brilliant.
The key to making a good product become a great product is to get some of the great applications that are written for PPC. While we can (and do) argue about which PDA OS is best, PPC has some fantastic applications, many of which can be obtained at great prices by PPCT subscribers.

Old 03-10-2004, 03:37 AM
scargill
Ponderer

I already have Resco and SPB, but that is about it for registered software on my PPC, I like to go down the freeware route where possible with my lack of money....but somethings are just worth buying, I've got 7 weeks to write a 10,000 page report now, and even if not much of it is written on my PPC then quite abit might be proof-read on it, and Textmaker looks like an ideal solution.

Now all I need is a "save image as" option in IE

Old 03-10-2004, 04:40 AM
cuteseal
Pupil
Default FTXP Browser

Quote:
Now all I need is a "save image as" option in IE
Hey scargill, a nifty little freeware program called ftxPBrowser does that! And it supports multiple windows as well.

http://park15.wakwak.com/~ftx/ftxp3e/

Small footprint, works well, and price is great for me =)

Old 03-10-2004, 06:33 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Really really sorry, but it doesn't seem to mention it on the subscription page, do I automatically get this or do I have to do something special? Which package does it come with? Sorry for all the questions, but I 90% ganrantee I'll have a badge to the left by the end of today now!
Yes, that's my fault for not having the subscription page be more up to date - the answer is that all levels get access to the discounts. But I think you'll find the most value with PPCT Full. :-)

Old 03-10-2004, 08:31 AM
dean_shan
Mystic

Quote:
I already have Resco and SPB, but that is about it for registered software on my PPC, I like to go down the freeware route where possible with my lack of money....but somethings are just worth buying, I've got 7 weeks to write a 10,000 page report now, and even if not much of it is written on my PPC then quite abit might be proof-read on it, and Textmaker looks like an ideal solution.
Dang, 10,000 pages! 8O What is it about?

Old 03-10-2004, 08:43 AM
Pat Logsdon
Magi

Quote:
Textmaker is worth the money. Trust me.

You may also want to use a few periods in your report. :wink: :mrgreen: