Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 03-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default HP iPAQ 2200 Series Replacement Grips Delayed

http://www.ppctechs.com

"Due to an overwhelming flood of orders and production setbacks, the iPAQ 2200 Replacement Side Covers have been delayed for a few more days. We are working through the weekend and expect to start shipping by Friday, March 12th. We do apologize for the delay and thank you for your understanding."

While I don't like to see the delay, I see this as good news in two key areas.

� This will be a popular product, and while I hate to see it necessary due to a design flaw in a product, it is good to see companies like PPC Techs step up and make a quality product.
� PPC Techs is going to finish and deliver the product when it is done. I live in a production environment and these delays are expected. The question is, do you forge on ahead delivering some substandard items for a few weeks or pull back, fix the problem and make sure the customer is satisfied? I'm glad to see PPC Techs has chosen the latter. :way to go:

Old 03-08-2004, 07:04 PM
rmasinag
Theorist

Whoa, I hope to recieve my red grips by next week.

Old 03-08-2004, 07:25 PM
24va
Intellectual

No one likes delays, and I especially hate delays without being notified of why and when.

PPCTechs knows what customer satisfaction is about, keeping me informed and ship a good product.

And they have not charged me yet.

I can live with this kind of delay.
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1Cor 1:18 In hand:*Axim x50v; 2gb SD; 4gb CF;*LG 325 Contributing Editor - pocketnow.com

Old 03-08-2004, 07:28 PM
draiken
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to draiken Send a message via Yahoo to draiken

I have to cancel my order, a friend of mine was going to bring them from LA to Mexico, to avoid extra shipping costs, and customs problems (I've had several shipments stopped at the border) and wait for next month and see if he can bring them back then...

Does anybody know who to contact to cancel the order?

pocketpctechs.com doesen't seem to have an order tracking system.

Old 03-08-2004, 09:28 PM
kagayaki1
Thinker

I second the compliments on the way they're handling it. I think most of us longtime members here remember the fiasco with PDA Motion and the Silver Slider 2.

Old 03-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagayaki1
...most of us longtime members here remember the fiasco with PDA Motion and the Silver Slider 2.
I can't believe they're still in business - they still owe of affiliate sales money from over a year ago, and they ignored all my email messages in an attempt to get it. :evil: I've since given up, but I wouldn't recommend anyone do business with this company. I should have known better...<sigh>