Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 03-07-2004, 03:00 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Where's T-Mobile's WM2003 Upgrade?

http://207.36.160.46/~admin1/module...order=0&thold=0

"So, for those of you with a Pocket PC Phone Edition/MDA/XDA/SX56/O2... and have been anxioulsy awaiting the ROM for T-Mobile (and maybe quietly despising the ATT users already having their ROM update), it is coming very, very soon!"

I'd wish T-Mobile was a bit clearer about the ETA of this upgrade. Nevertheless, things are starting to look up. T-Mobile PPCPE owners, keep your fingers crossed.

Old 03-07-2004, 04:32 AM
quidproquo
Intellectual

I don't mean to sound pessimistic....and I am not a pessimistic person.... but this is one of those I'll-believe-it-when-I-see-it situations.

I have heard this similar story about 6 different times..... so let's keep hoping....

Old 03-07-2004, 11:45 AM
griph
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to griph
Default Re: Where's T-Mobile's WM2003 Upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janak Parekh
"So, for those of you with a Pocket PC Phone Edition/MDA/XDA/SX56/O2... and have been anxioulsy awaiting the ROM for T-Mobile (and maybe quietly despising the ATT users already having their ROM update), it is coming very, very soon!"

I'd wish T-Mobile was a bit clearer about the ETA of this upgrade. Nevertheless, things are starting to look up. T-Mobile PPCPE owners, keep your fingers crossed.
I'm still waiting for O2 UK to do the same for the XDA - wonder whether with the XDAII out they aren't going to bother!

Old 03-07-2004, 04:24 PM
PPCMD
Thinker

The I700 users like me have heard the same but unofficial word that its coming soon for us. Today a post stated its Samsungs fault and that could be possible for us but VzW has a big hand in that too I'm sure. I Just want the features is should have had to begin with.

Old 03-07-2004, 07:35 PM
observer
Neophyte
Default its so sad

This whole game we play with these OEMs, and cell carriers is a joke.

In all of these companies, somewhere, someone has the ALL of these answers. I would bet the number of people who KNOW the ANSWER are in the DOZENS - yet all of us customters are forced to PLAY A GUESSING GAME and literally search for answers each and every day on the message boards.

I will never understand the mystery behind this way of running a business. In my case, the i700 costs more than any other phone on the market. Yet here I sit - trying to read the tea leaves for a simple upgrade - or a SIMPLE HONEST ANSWER from Verizon or Samsung.

Even today - early March 2004 - YOU CANT GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER from anyone at either company. The OS shipped 6 momths ago. The BETA LASTED OVER A YEAR. Why cant they just tell us whats going on in an official communique? If theres a problem - tell us. Instead they say nothing. They simply dont tell us. We all know someone has these answers. They DONT WANT US TO KNOW.

I'm over Samsung and I wont buy a product from them again.

Old 03-07-2004, 09:24 PM
donbacardi
Pupil
Default Same deal here in Germany......

After first announcing the upgrade back in December 2003, T-Mobile Germany has also embarrased itself with the non-release of this upgrade. I�ve tired of sending them "nasty emails" putting them to shame but I do not wish to risk getting kicked out of the country. Guess I�ll continue to wait. They�re now announcing a release date of the end of March. Don�t see it happening.

Old 03-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Jonathan1
Pontificator

At this point why would they even bother with 2003 considering 2004 is, rumored, to be close to release? I can't imagine anything that would piss off t-mobile users more then having T-M release 2003 a month before 2004 is RTM.
Guys count your blessings. At least you can GET PPC:PE!! My company is on Nextel. They don't even HAVE a PPC:PE option! :? :cry:

Old 03-07-2004, 09:35 PM
riverbruce
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to riverbruce

Why wait any longer? You T-Mobile folks... do yourself a favor and and do what I did... buy a Treo 600. What a great device! I know it's not for everybody but I am thoroughly satisfied with my Treo.

Just a thought...

Old 03-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Yorch
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbruce
Why wait any longer? You T-Mobile folks... do yourself a favor and and do what I did... buy a Treo 600. What a great device! I know it's not for everybody but I am thoroughly satisfied with my Treo.

Just a thought...
HA!.....that was funny!!!......you are going to get a lot of flames, from Pocket PC users.... :twisted:

Most XDA users, although they don't have an "official" 2003 update, they are happy with their pocket pc. They can do full multimedia and tons of other stuff. you can't do that with the limited Palm.

Old 03-07-2004, 10:03 PM
griph
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to griph

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbruce

Just a thought...
Yeah, right! Palm OS! :razz: