Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Zerama Togo 1.0: Synchronize and Transcode Media Files

http://www.zerama.net/productDetail...oGo&sub=Summary

"Using Zerama ToGo you can synchronize and encode your media quickly and easily between your desktop computer and Pocket PC. Because ZTG is so convenient even the smallest media cards or built-in-memory becomes useful media storage.

� Encodes music with Windows Media Encoder (WMA) at 32, 48, 64, 96 and 128 one or two-pass encoding optimized for the Pocket PC
� Compatible with both MP3 and WMA, unlike Sync & Go you can copy mp3 files or convert them on the fly.
� Create playlists with the offline library
� Tap-and-Hold automatic playlist creation
� Connects via ActiveSync (wired or wirelessly)
� Automatic synchronization process copies and encodes music with minimal hassle
� Easy copy/remove features makes even small 32MB media cards useful
� Desktop companion application allows direct media management for those times you are sitting in front of PC."

This looks like a very cool too for the digital audio fiends among you. Anyone tried it yet?

Old 03-02-2004, 06:08 PM
joelevi
Intellectual
Default What about video?

Sure, music is great and I've got lots of it on my iPaq 4155's 128mb MMC, but I also have a bunch of music videos that (presently) I have to open in Windows Movie Maker, then save as a Pocket PC formatted movie file. It's a pain.

Why not add this feature so we can watch WM9 encoded, an PPC scaled versions of our music videos on our Pocket PCs?

That's the primary method that I use to show people just how cool Pocket PCs really are.

Old 03-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Yorch
Ponderer

I agree, Video capabilities would be a hit. Not only encoding, but also synching. There should be a setting that would allow to sync one episode (file) or any user's specified folder. Either in order or randomly.

I have a bunch of The Simpsons Episodes that are suitable to watch in the ppc, and I would like a setting where It would sync, each day, a different chapter. Kind of like Sync-n-go, but with your own media.

Imagine, you would have something interesting in your PPC all the time. You would be able to save a whole season of a TV series, and then watch it on your ppc, one chapter each time, just like on a TV

Also, this would be very useful for people that have PVRs, they can specify the folder they recordings are and either convert and sync, or just sync. In that way, the possibilities are endless, ...as long as you have memory.

Old 03-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Well, if you guys want video capabilities, just ask the developer. ;-)

Old 03-02-2004, 08:14 PM
lonesniper
Intellectual

As soon as I started to read about Zerama ToGo I thought "oh hope they do video too". That would make me buy the product. I have 60Gb of TV shows on my PC and it is a time consuming process to reencode all of them to a PPC format. If I could specify a file or two to be automatically formatted and synced over night to my PPC ready for my morning commute that would be a killer app.

I am going to post in their forum requesting this feature, I hope all PPCT members do too

Old 03-02-2004, 08:31 PM
mkrigsman
Neophyte

I've been using it and its a really good product. Does exactly what it's supposed to do and does it well.

I also use Zerema Remote, which is also very good.

Old 03-02-2004, 09:04 PM
dantanzer
Pupil
Default Zerama ToGo

On the subway ride home from work, I use my Pocket PC as an mp3 player with a 128MB storage card. With a 128MB card, I wanted to swap the music out of my pocket pc every day or so. Most mornings on my way back to work, I realized that I completely forgot to do it the night before.

What I wanted was a way to create, modify and delete playlists on my pocket pc from an offline library and when I get home have it automatically copy and encode my playlists onto my storage card. Being a computer programmer by trade and pocket pc enthusiasts, this problem quickly became a new opportunity for my second Pocket PC project, Zerama ToGo
Now while I am playing with my pocket pc on the subway, I can select whatever song or playlist I want for the next day at work and have Zerama ToGo automagically fill up my storage card.

Please be aware this is only version 1.0 . Features already in development are:
PC Card Reader (in development)
Automatic media selection (in development)
Video support (in development)

Please feel free to suggest any ideas you have and I will be happy to consider them.

Thanks
Dan Tanzer
www.zerama.net

Old 03-02-2004, 10:33 PM
cuteseal
Pupil
Default Windows Media Player

I'm wondering what the difference is between this and Windows Media Player (desktop)?

WMP does the same job with the "Copy to Device" function - it transcodes high bitrate files to lower bitrates automatically to save space (according to your settings), and also limits the number of tracks you can copy based on the estimated storage space on your device.

As far as I'm concerned, this is another less app to clutter my machine...

Old 03-03-2004, 02:13 AM
dantanzer
Pupil
Default Can windows media player do this?

Zerama ToGo does a simliar job as windows media player when using the PC version of the software.
The big difference with Zerama ToGo is that you can create playlists from the offline library on your pocket pc and when you get home, Zerama ToGo will automatically copy and encode when activesync connects.

Old 03-03-2004, 04:28 AM
jngold_me
Thinker

Isn't this similar to the freeware PlayList sync posted (and which I am using now) here sometime ago?

So, if I understand correctly, this app allows you to select your songs from your PPC (from some app) then when AS is activated, goes to your PC, grabs MP3's and "encodes" them to WMA, and x-fers them to your PPC (or storage card)?

Is the above a correct assessment of this product?