Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 02-24-2004, 12:30 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Microsoft Technology and Partnerships Align at 3GSM World Congress To Accelerate Mobile Web Services...

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/...Release04PR.asp

"Today at 3GSM World Congress 2004, Microsoft Corp. announced a series of developments in its work with wireless industry partners to deliver new business value to customers via world-class software and popular services. These developments are expected to spur new customer experiences and open the door to new revenue opportunities for mobile operators, device makers and application developers.

�The desire to access wireless applications and services has finally hit the mainstream,� said Pieter Knook, senior vice president of the Mobile and Embedded Devices Division at Microsoft. �This profound perception shift presents an opportunity for the wireless industry to raise the bar on the wireless connectivity experience with the marriage of flexible software, compelling services, sleek devices and reliable networks that move people to rethink the way they communicate and access information and entertainment.�

Speaking on a theme of �Enabling advanced, universal services,� Knook will deliver a keynote address on Wednesday, Feb. 25, in the Main Hall of the Palais des Festivals."

Old 02-24-2004, 12:37 AM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB

This part of the press release caught my eye.....

Quote:
The Motorola MPx, featuring Microsoft Windows Mobile software, in a never-before-seen form factor, brings real-time assistance to mobile professionals -- at work, on the road, at home and at play. The MPx delivers the power of the office desktop and the ultimate e-mail experience through a unique and compact dual-hinge design. This design allows people to access information via a QWERTY keyboard in landscape mode or touch screen with stylus while in portrait mode -- making the MPx a legitimate �one-of-a-kind.�
I would assume that when changing from portrait to landscape and vs versa, the SIP mode changes. This makes sense why there are a Windows, OK key, etc. In the landscape mode, you really don't need a stylus at all. The portrait mode would represent the more traditional PPC use of input with a stylus.