Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default pPod: iPod "Clone" For Your Pocket PC

http://www.handango.com/brainstore/...roductId=110866

Here's an interesting piece of software: a MP3 player that makes the touchscreen look like (and act like!) an iPod, and that's designed to be thumbable.

I'm not sure how long Apple will allow to stay this on the market, or quite frankly how well it works, but I have to say the iPod's thumbwheel is a great design and if they can mirror some of its functionality it might be neat. On the other hand, this is apt to get your screen covered with fingerprints. [Affiliate]

Old 02-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Steven Cedrone

Hmm... I'm not sure if a 3 day trial is long enough. Maybe I'll give it a shot this weekend (provided, of course, that the SW hasn't been pulled by then :wink: )

There have been 49 downloads, hopefully by at least one person here! I would be curious to hear opinions on this one!

Steve

Old 02-20-2004, 06:07 PM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB

If it played the iMusic (aac?) downloads... then, it would be worth as much as being charged. IMHO

Old 02-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Sparkomatic
Intellectual
Send a message via ICQ to Sparkomatic Send a message via AIM to Sparkomatic Send a message via MSN to Sparkomatic Send a message via Yahoo to Sparkomatic

I completely agree with JonnoB. I was so excited when I saw this because I thought since it's an iPOD player for PPC, it would play all my iTunes music. Bummer that it doesn't cause I've been looking everywhere for a PPC player that will play acc files.

Old 02-20-2004, 06:42 PM
jkendrick
Thinker

$35???? 8O

Old 02-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Zack Mahdavi
Pontificator

I've been wondering why it's taking so long for one of the Pocket PC mp3 players to support the AAC format. It's not even proprietary, like how WMA is. I have tons of iTunes Music Store songs that I'd love to play on my Pocket PC. Right now, I resort to burning the music, and then re-ripping.

Old 02-20-2004, 06:57 PM
dma1965
Thinker

$35 for what essentially amounts to a fancy skin! I don't think so.

Old 02-20-2004, 07:04 PM
jkendrick
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkmusa
I've been wondering why it's taking so long for one of the Pocket PC mp3 players to support the AAC format. It's not even proprietary, like how WMA is. I have tons of iTunes Music Store songs that I'd love to play on my Pocket PC. Right now, I resort to burning the music, and then re-ripping.
Even though the AAC format is not proprietary Apple's DRM is and I don't think we'll ever see that working on non-ipods.

Old 02-20-2004, 07:09 PM
Zack Mahdavi
Pontificator

Quote:
Even though the AAC format is not proprietary Apple's DRM is and I don't think we'll ever see that working on non-ipods.
Good point. Didn't even think about that!

Old 02-20-2004, 07:20 PM
Steven Cedrone

If the skin had the functionality built in (thumbwheel worked exactly like the iPod), I think this would be a really cool app! I don't mind that it can't play my acc files, for the most part, my library is made up of mp3's.

Like I said, I'll try it this weekend and let you guys/gals know!