Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 02-05-2004, 03:00 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default The Latest iPAQ 6300 News And Rumors

http://www.pdatoday.com/maximumpda_...id=1041_0_2_0_C

Bill over at MaximumPDA is collecting all the info he can on the iPAQ 6300.

"While at CES we attended many press briefings and private briefings. Several of these were under NDA and we can not disclose that information until it is officially released. In our quest to bring our readers the latest on PDA and technology news we ask many vendors about upcoming products and roadmaps. Some vendors bring us in on those new products after we agree to not disclose the information until it is ready for public consumption. This allows us time to get review outlines written and formulate upcoming articles. Other times the vendor place possum and says there is no new news and that's Ok too."

Unfortunately, they don't have any pics. :cry: I'm still waiting for that authoritative picture of the unit...

Old 02-05-2004, 03:23 AM
dmacburry2003
Philosopher

The more I look at that old and ugly shadowy picture the more I start to think its real 8O

Ahhhh!

PS: I was the special visitor to that site and have won a prize! Sixth time today! :wink:

Old 02-05-2004, 03:27 AM
T-Will
Sage

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope the rumor about HP discontinuing the 4100 series is wrong...

Old 02-05-2004, 03:38 AM
arnage2
Oracle

i hope it looks like wanda. a 4150 size phone will do well.

Old 02-05-2004, 03:41 AM
T-Will
Sage

Well a 2200 that's phone enabled would be pretty cool...but a 4100 series that's phone enabled and has Bluetooth and WiFi would be AWESOME! I hope HP goes that route...

Old 02-05-2004, 03:54 AM
Anthony Caruana
Sage

The thing that worries/concerns me about this device is that it looks awesome but, at least in Austrlaia, gettign approvals to use the phone component can take an eternity. The product might be ready from HP but could take months before you can buy it.

Good to hear that the device is like a 2200 and the keyboard is removable. Might make me think about not buying an XDA...

Old 02-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacburry2003
PS: I was the special visitor to that site and have won a prize! Sixth time today! :wink:
Congrats! On what I'm not sure. 8O Which site did you win at and what was the prize?

Old 02-05-2004, 04:42 AM
pacemkr
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmradio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacburry2003
Congrats! On what I'm not sure. 8O Which site did you win at and what was the prize?
I'm not sure, but I believe he is talking of the banners that say "Congradulations! You are a winner! Click here to claim your prize..."
Are there people on the internet that will actually fall for that one? :lol:

Old 02-05-2004, 04:47 AM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Well, I hate to encourage them, but I clicked on one just for fun...having "won" countless other times but never clicking. I was offered lots of other offers in our favorite popups! For only the price of info about my entire life I could win a... No thanks!

Old 02-05-2004, 05:12 AM
dmacburry2003
Philosopher

It said something like:

Congratulations! You are visitor #876331 to this site. Click to claim your prize.

It was funny because (I know that number is not the number, it was close) I know that it was the same number across all six websites. So, it must be the same company!

It was on the site that is linked... MaximumPDA I guess? (I'm NOT going back, you don't see anything like that here at Pocket PC Thoughts )

It was for laughs.

If I see another one I'm gonna give 'em Jason's e-mail address :wink: