Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 02-05-2004, 06:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Compu2Go Goes on Extended Sabbatical

http://www.compu2go.com/

"I have very mixed feelings announcing C2Go is going on a loooong sabbatical. I've had very positive (& not-so-positive) experiences running this site & have always enjoyed the feedback from readers & the 'inside scoop' from players in the industry. Unfortunately, though readership is still hundreds per day, I face a crossroads: pump in more features, keep improving, all of which costs money & time...or move on. I'm gettin' while the gettin's good ;-)

I may write in other venues (& welcome more offers) so may not disappear completely, but impending changes in employment & pursuing my Masters degree means C2Go won't get the attention it deserves. Serious enthusiasts (not opportunists, I've already turned one down!) interested in taking over a labor of love & willing to put in the time a news/review site takes can contact me--so can the 2 company's who have sent me review material, to arrange for return.

Reviews & features will stay up, but PDA101 & the news page will no longer be updated, effective immediately. I wish the best to all of you I've worked & laughed with over the past three years--there's been bumps along the way but it's been a privilege being a regular part of so many lives, & I've learned a lot. All in all, it's a damn fine time to call it quits... see you 'round folks!"

Best wishes on whatever comes next for you John!

Old 02-05-2004, 06:03 AM
dmacburry2003
Philosopher

This is so sad.

I think this is the second or third one I have seen in my life [here at PPCT].

You should have a death filter :cry:

Old 02-05-2004, 09:24 AM
quidproquo
Intellectual

Whew!!! At first read...I had the brief fear that you were shutting down this site! :duh:

Sorry to hear about the other one going but glad it is not this one. I couldn't do with out my daily "Thoughts Fix"!

Old 02-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Paragon
Magi

NO! Say it ain't so!

Unfortunately sites end up being judged by the number of hits they get. That's not always a good indicator.

Don't go too far John.

Dave

Old 02-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Sorry to see the site go. Not every site can cover all info, so I usually found some unique tidbits on John's site I didn't see elsewhere, or a reminder to visit a site I hadn't gone to in a while. Plus, fun contests, too! Sorry to see you go, John. Wish you the best in your masters and new job.

Old 02-05-2004, 06:26 PM
alex22
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quidproquo
Whew!!! At first read...I had the brief fear that you were shutting down this site! :duh:

Sorry to hear about the other one going but glad it is not this one. I couldn't do with out my daily "Thoughts Fix"!
Me 2, I thought PPC thoughts was shutting down, and feeling very upset.
Sorry for the other site and glad we can still visit PPC thought !

Old 02-06-2004, 03:00 AM
the_rapture
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to the_rapture Send a message via MSN to the_rapture Send a message via Yahoo to the_rapture Send a message via Skype™ to the_rapture

Iwas thinking the same thing. Then thought it was Jason leaving the site. I don't get to post as much or read through the forums like I use to, but I still try to read the front page everyday.

Sorry to hear about Compu2Go, but I know the feeling Somethings have to take a back seat to higher priorities. Since I've moved I don't have the time to do what I've wanted to do with my Site.