Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 01-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Keep Track 2.1 Released

http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/im/keeptrack.htm

"Do you forget credit card purchases you make online, lose your ATM receipts (before you record the withdrawals), or want a convenient way to use your Pocket PC to track your transactions? If so, you need Keep Track� from Ilium Software. Keep Track is a simple way to "keep track" of your ATM, Debit and Credit Card transactions. Just touch your screen (as little as one touch), and you'll record your action on an easy-to-use, ordered list that you can match against all your statements. Record transactions you make online, in stores, at ATMs, and over the phone."

It also has features like password protection and QIF import/export. You can buy the Pocket PC only version for $14.95 or the Professional version for $24.95. The Professional version comes with a desktop component you can sync with and edit on your PC. (Affiliate links) If you are a registered owner of Keep Track 2.0, 2.1 is a free upgrade. It should work on all Pocket PCs, 2000-2003.

Old 01-08-2004, 06:57 PM
quidproquo
Intellectual

This is a fabulous program! I have used it for nearly 3 years now and have found nothing that fits my needs better.

It has one simply mandate....and that is to help you keep up with your finances while on the go. If I ever have to do a hard reset on my PPC, this is one of the first programs that gets put back on. (or used to be, before Pocket Backup).

Anyway, it is great for the keeping track of cash ATM transactions, that quick $18 trip to Home Depot that you usually forget to enter in your checkbook (Quicken or Money)

They have the quick "one touch" buttons that I use ALL the time - quick tap for Retail Misc, tap in amount and then OK. Later simply export the QIF file to Quicken and you are current!

The only item I wish they would add is a "settings" backup so if you ever have to reinstall, you don't have to reset all your one touch buttons, accounts, categories, etc.

A GREAT program for simple transaction tracking! :way to go:

I know there are other programs out there that do all sorts of things financially, but that is what we have Quicken/Money for.... this does the one thing and it does it well. Transactions on the go....

Old 01-10-2004, 02:01 PM
jmnutter
Neophyte
Default In regard to Pocket Quicken

How does this mesh, overlap or improve on Pocket Quicken? Is there reason to carry both on your ppc?