Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 12-24-2003, 06:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Vito MobileDownloader

http://vitotechnology.com/products/mobiledownloader.html

"VITO MobileDownloader brought by VITO Technology is the only and the most powerful tool for downloading files to your Pocket PC. It supports HTTP and FTP internet protocols, downloading from LAN, resuming of interrupted downloads, simultaneous downloads and is fully integrated with Pocket Internet Explorer browser."

There are other features too, but you'll have to wade through the snowflakes falling on that page. :roll: Not sure why someone would go to the trouble to obscure their products with distracting images falling over the whole thing with no way for visitors to turn the images off. Ok, rant over. :soapbox: This looks like a good product, but I'll wait until the storm passes. :wink:

Old 12-24-2003, 08:53 PM
MaximumPDA
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to MaximumPDA

I liked the snowflakes :x-mas: I was expecting a huge blizard windfall from your description but all i saw was a small collection of cute snowflakes lofting down the screen. Some websites do go crazy with that stuff however, I've seen some doozies in the past.

Cool looking software title, stats are always great to check out and analyze.

--Bill

Old 12-25-2003, 12:54 AM
SassKwatch
Philosopher
Default Re: Vito MobileDownloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry
....is the only and the most powerful tool for downloading files to your Pocket PC.......
Amusing marketing. If it's the *only* tool available, then I guess it must be the most powerful.

This may well be a handy app if/when the majority off apps are available as CAB downloads. I hope that happens. Stop by Handango via the iPAQ, pick up the latest release of PI or Resco File Explorer, dl the purchase, and install....all without ever having to deal with ActiveStink. Oh Santa, if you bring me one and only one present for XMas in '04, make it this one! :wink:

-= Sass =-

Old 12-25-2003, 09:18 AM
crass
Pupil

Well it's quite good and I had tried it some time ago, but it is not the only one. The freeware CEDownloader requires no install and it is a mere 43k. Not as fancy UI as VITO but it does the job.

Old 02-04-2004, 09:28 AM
pad
Pupil

I just wanted to mention that:

1. There's version 2.10 released with all known bugs fixed,
2. We are currently looking for the enthusiasts willing to translate VITO MobileDownloader to their languages. Especially wanted is French and other european languages (except for German, we've got this one).

If anyone of you guys wants to do this, please contact me at [email protected], my name is Alex.

We'll provide a free registration for this, and your name will appear in the program (if you want).

First come - first serve