Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 12-23-2003, 07:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default PocketExam -- Exam Study Tool

http://www.bizon.org/ilya/pocketexam/

"PocketExam is the standard quiz taking software for Pocket PC handheld computers. Authors can develop one quiz that runs on handheld platform."

I'm fortunate in that I don't need flash cards anymore, but if I did, I'd much rather jump for a solution like this -- I never really liked carrying a pack of 3x5 index cards around. It's got a number of features, like "exam mode", random order, speed games, score tracking, and more that would be useful for such situations. Too bad finals are over this winter...

Old 12-23-2003, 07:31 PM
drop
Thinker

Did he say "Too bad finals are over ..." :wink: ?

The point of this app is that by the time you enter all the questions and answers, you'd already gone through the material, therefore, you've already studied for the subject and would be ready for the exam.

Old 12-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop
Did he say "Too bad finals are over ..." :wink: ?
I meant in the context of being able to use this program. I am glad finals are over, but in my case, from the perspective of giving them. Making and grading finals are a pain.

Quote:
The point of this app is that by the time you enter all the questions and answers, you'd already gone through the material, therefore, you've already studied for the subject and would be ready for the exam.
Of course -- it's another study tool. Without wasting all those index cards.

--janak

Old 12-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Steven Cedrone

Actually, this looks like a cool program. Shoot, the next semester will be starting before you know it... :wink:

Steve