Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 11-26-2003, 03:51 PM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian
Default PDAJunkie Reviews the Stowaway XT Keyboard

http://www.pdajunkie.net/index.html...towawayxt.htm&2

I used to use a folding keyboard with my Pocket PCs all the time, back when the only device I used was my iPAQ3600. Once I started moving on to newer devices, though, I stopped because I found it hard to justify the cost of always "upgrading" my keyboard.

Josh at PDAJunkie has written a review of the new ThinkOutside Stowaway XT Keyboard that may change my mind. He takes it through its paces and come away from the experience feeling very optimistic about it. The review has TONS of screen shots and a very good description of what he does and does not like about the keyboard. So, if you're considering buying one of these keyboards, you owe it to yourself to read his entire article.

Old 11-26-2003, 06:09 PM
hdsalinas
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to hdsalinas

I still have the original stowaway keybourd that I got for my 3650.My old ipaq died so now is just a big paperweight.

I now have a new Ipaq 1940 and whish I could figure out a way to use my old keyboard with it. (does anyone know? :?: )

Anyways, I did not use my keyboard that much so I cant justify getting another. (except for maybe those that uses IR )

Old 11-26-2003, 07:07 PM
Kathy_Harris
Ponderer

salinashd - you have a PM

------------------------------

I wonder if Stowaway will make versions for the Toshiba 805 or is the connector some sort of universal dohickey?

Old 11-27-2003, 12:02 PM
jeffdanger
Neophyte
Default Stowaway XT

I have the Stowaway XT for my HP 4150. My only complaint is the keyboard is supported in the center and overhangs the support on both sides. With a heavy typing hand, the keyboard bounces around, especially when pressing the keys on the left, where the overhang is greatest. I prefer the Targus wireless keyboard I have for my Tungsten 3.