Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Customizations & Content

Old 11-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default 45 New Ring Tones Released at Smartphone Thoughts

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/downloads.php

When you have a memory like mine, sometimes you forget things, even when they're something you really enjoy. Like the ring tone packs. I created dozens of ring tones for Smartphones and Pocket PC Phone Editions, put them into into groups, and released a new pack every week on Smartphone Thoughts for a few weeks - them promptly forgot about the rest of them. So today, I'm releasing them all!

45 new ring tones in WAV format, suitable for playback on any Smartphone or Pocket PC Phone Edition device, from six different groups: Rocky Road, Billy the Kid - Series 2, Ugly as Sin, Mellow Attack - Series 2, Jazz/House - Series 2, and Ethnic.

Download and enjoy!

Old 11-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Birdman
Theorist

Does anyone have the ringtone for the phone ringing on the TV series 24?

Old 11-10-2003, 11:46 PM
Gerard
Pontificator

I don't have a Smartphone, just an old 3835 (though I'm looking around for a GPRS CF card, now that Fido's got a fine package together), but it'd be nice to hear if any of these ringtones could be reminder sounds to my liking.

Unfortunately, all I get when tapping the link from this front page, or from the thread on Pocketphone Thoughts, is this:

"Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist"

Is this a Pocket IE problem, or is the link busted?

Old 11-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard
Is this a Pocket IE problem, or is the link busted?
We don't have a mobile template for the downloads page on Smartphone Thoughts. Please use a regular desktop browser.

Old 11-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Gerard
Pontificator

Ah. Well, never mind. I hate to wake up the PC. It is often cranky if I do. Better just to let it snooze more, until a software installation necessitates a wakeup call. Thanks for the reply though.

Old 11-11-2003, 02:09 PM
cyclist
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman
Does anyone have the ringtone for the phone ringing on the TV series 24?
Not offhand. However if you do a google groups search in the UK usenet group for 24 it gets discussed there quite often. Group name is something along the lines of uk.media.tv.twenty-four - but I may not have that exactly right.

Old 11-11-2003, 06:07 PM
Birdman
Theorist

Excellent! Thanx very much. After some trolling I found it as a wav file which is perfect. The only issue is it doesn't appear that loud and even on the loudest setting I think I may not be able to hear the XDA ring when it is in the case in my pocket. Is there software that allows you to increase the volume (i.e edit) a wav file?