Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 10-27-2003, 11:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Vaja's 973 Case For iPAQ 2200s

http://www.pdamed.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7100

Christian Torring has written a nice article on an upcoming Vaja case for the 2200 series of iPAQs. He has detailed pictures and carefully reviews each of the case's features.

If you're looking for a potentially cheaper alternative to the iVolution case, check it out.

Old 10-28-2003, 02:24 AM
element
Ponderer
Default Billfold

Does anyone have any info on the billfold version of this case? Since the price drop ($30 whoo hoo) I have been considering purchasing one. If anyone has a better suggestion than the vaja case I would appreciate it.

Old 10-28-2003, 02:31 AM
suhit
Ponderer

Sweet case, but they have some pretty strong cons listed on the site. BTW, one con they forget to mention is - there is no cut-out on the top of the case for a WiFi card in the CF/SD slot (or any other CF/SD card that sticks out of it's socket).

Suhit

Old 10-28-2003, 05:37 AM
Xanadu
Ponderer

This case has been available for a while now. They actually went out of stock on the unit a few weeks ago.

My main concern with it, though, is possible screen damage from large SDIO cards (like the new SDIO WiFi's) pressing on the screen from their precarious position in the case's flip-top cover. Perhaps the billford style would give better protection in this situation.

Anyone have advice on the issue?

-Xan

Old 10-28-2003, 08:03 AM
torring
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhit
BTW, one con they forget to mention is - there is no cut-out on the top of the case for a WiFi card in the CF/SD slot (or any other CF/SD card that sticks out of it's socket).

Suhit
I don't know how you could possibly make that. The case would not open if you did.

Christian

Old 10-28-2003, 08:06 AM
torring
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanadu
This case has been available for a while now. They actually went out of stock on the unit a few weeks ago.

My main concern with it, though, is possible screen damage from large SDIO cards (like the new SDIO WiFi's) pressing on the screen from their precarious position in the case's flip-top cover. Perhaps the billford style would give better protection in this situation.

Anyone have advice on the issue?

-Xan
I don't think is has been around yet. They have a version that is a lot like it, but a least the front design is different. The review should aply though.

With regard to the SD I don't think it is a problem as one end of the card reston the edge of the Ipaq and it will be somewhat lifted above the screen.
With a Writeshield you will deffinately not have a problem, with scratches anyway.

Christian Torring

Old 10-28-2003, 08:16 AM
Paula
Intellectual

Hasn't any one noticed that other than the strap/snap at the bottom the design of the case is the same as the Sena cases?

Paula

Old 10-28-2003, 09:12 AM
Xanadu
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torring
With regard to the SD I don't think it is a problem as one end of the card reston the edge of the Ipaq and it will be somewhat lifted above the screen.
With a Writeshield you will deffinately not have a problem, with scratches anyway.

Christian Torring
I was more worried about screen deformation from the card pushing on it after pressure is applied to the lid. I still think the amount of flex present in the lid might actually permit some damage.

BTW, the case reviewed here is identical to the Vaja 971 that has been out for about a month. Note that the review is nearly 20 days old.

-Xan

Old 10-28-2003, 09:21 AM
Xanadu
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula
Hasn't any one noticed that other than the strap/snap at the bottom the design of the case is the same as the Sena cases?

Paula
I believe the Sena one isn't as thick, allowing the unit to be cradle-charged.

-Xan

Old 10-28-2003, 05:58 PM
torring
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanadu
I was more worried about screen deformation from the card pushing on it after pressure is applied to the lid. I still think the amount of flex present in the lid might actually permit some damage.

BTW, the case reviewed here is identical to the Vaja 971 that has been out for about a month. Note that the review is nearly 20 days old.
-Xan
Well, I did do the review 20 days ago, but they are not identical (look at the design of the lid).
I think though that you are right in that they are identical in every other respect, but I have not compared.
Vaja told me that they will release this design in a short while.

With regards to the screen I still don't think it will be a problem because the SD card rests on the edge of the device and a pretty heavy pressure must be applied before it will hurt the screen, but you may ofcourse be right.

Christian Torring