Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 09-25-2003, 09:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default C|NET Video Featuring Motorola Smartphone

http://news.com.com/1601-2-5080001.html

"ZDNet's Patrick Houston gets an early look at the newly released Motorola MPx200, the first GSM phone released in the United States that features Windows Mobile Software."

This is a good video that focuses more on the Smartphone platform in general than the Motorola phone, but it does show just how tiny the new Moto phone is in comparison to the other Smartphones shown. If you're still unsure of how exactly Smartphones work, watch the video - it's a good introduction to the platform in general.

Old 09-25-2003, 09:10 PM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB

I think that is the phone I want (at least the form-factor) and used with my Pocket PC, a great combination.

Old 09-25-2003, 11:24 PM
bblock
Ponderer

So...did Jason Gordon (MS) start one sentence without the word "So"? And he barely let the other guy finish asking the question before he began. It seemed a little (lot?) too scripted and marketingese, but the phone itself and the OS is very nice. Just gave me a giggle, and Thought I'd pass it along.

Old 09-26-2003, 01:06 AM
mike6024
Ponderer

"How big is the operating system?"
"Uh... These devices are very powerful..."

Yeah, good job there. :roll:

Old 09-26-2003, 01:58 AM
Paul
Intellectual

haha, I like how he avoided that question. It's ok to say you don't know Jason.

Old 09-26-2003, 04:32 AM
trachy
Thinker

So, that Gordon fella sure did represent, huh? So, he ought to try his hand in politics, the way he slithered through that interview.

So, why the heck did the guy lead with the "ability to leverage contact data." So, haven't regular phones been able to do this for years? So, big deal. So, I'm more interested in the multimedia and support for 3rd party apps.

So, anyway, at least the phone made an appearance as well. So, I'm impressed by it's size and apparent ease of use. So, also, Gordo made mention of 12K+ applications available for the Windows Mobile platform, which I found interesting. So, even if that's true, aren't these locked down?

Malkovich, Malkovich?

Old 09-26-2003, 04:41 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Hey now - I happen to know Jason, and he's a nice fellow. Let's not make this a personal issue, ok?

Old 09-26-2003, 04:43 AM
trachy
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Hey now - I happen to know Jason, and he's a nice fellow. Let's not make this a personal issue, ok?
Oops. Too late. 8O

I'll sympathize though. I'm sure it's not an easy task being the front man for a big, new campaign like this.