Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2003, 05:34 PM
Pat Logsdon
Magi
Default "International Talk Like A Pirate Day"

As I am on vacation at the moment, I could not get to a computer yesterday to bring you this exciting news. Even though International Talk Like A Pirate Day was yesterday (Sept. 19th), I feel that it is my duty to share this information with all of you.

What is International Talk Like A Pirate Day, you ask? It's very simple. Just sprinkle some "piratey" words and phrases into your normal conversation. And I don't just mean "Arrrr"...that's almost cheating, since everyone knows that one. To talk like a REAL pirate, you need to use words and phrases like "Avast!", "Ahoy!", "Scurvy Dogs!", and "Me hearty!".

For example, you could say something like "I'd like a venti easy ice no whip mocha frappuccino, me hearty!"

Or "Would any of you scurvy dogs like bacon with your eggs?"

Or perhaps "Shiver me timbers, I could go for a nice mug of grog with my Tofurkey (TM) sandwich, arrr!"

See how easy it is? If you'd like more information on how to talk like a pirate, there's an excellent arrrrticle on the NPR site that will help you. If you can, listen to the audio as well - it's very funny. :mrgreen: