Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 09-01-2003, 09:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Verizon and Nextel Tie For First In J.D. Powers Customer Service

http://www.jdpower.com/news/releases/pressrelease.asp?ID=2003074

"Nextel and Verizon Wireless rank highest in a tie in customer care performance among the seven largest wireless service providers. Nextel performs particular well in the ARS area, specifically in navigation as it relates to instructions/prompts, while Verizon Wireless consistently performs above the industry average in all areas, particularly in having service representatives who understand customer issues and in shorter hold times."

T-Mobile was very close behind in third place. The study ranks customer service, which basically boils down to how long you are on hold when you need to talk to a human being and how the resolution process goes. T-Mobile doesn't have the best coverage, but when it comes to customer service, I have been very pleased. I've probably called more than the average consumer, as many of us have, because getting data services set up and figuring out the seemingly unique and crazy dial strings different phones need to access their GPRS networks from different phones usually requires one or two phone calls to the data center.

You can read the full report on J.D. Power's site.

Old 09-02-2003, 01:06 AM
Fabulas
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to Fabulas Send a message via MSN to Fabulas Send a message via Yahoo to Fabulas

As a Sprint PCS employee, I can honestly say that customer service it sprint's new focus. I totally agree, we need work, but are trying to "roll out the red carpet" for our customers. :lol:

Old 09-02-2003, 01:09 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulas
As a Sprint PCS employee, I can honestly say that customer service it sprint's new focus. I totally agree, we need work, but are trying to "roll out the red carpet" for our customers. :lol:
I would hope so. The last two support calls I made to Sprint PCS (over a year ago) were both at least 30 minutes on hold. Never again.

Old 09-02-2003, 01:58 AM
that_kid
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to that_kid

As a former Sprint pcs employee I can tell you that even when I worked there I hated calling "Customer I don't care". It's been 4 years since I worked for them and things are still the same. I've been a sprint customer since 1996 but once number portability comes I think I'll take my number and go. Besides Sprints "Customerless Service" they don't offer a good variety on phones and their plans increase each quarter by $15 for the same features. As far as service I haven't had much of any problems with sprint but between customerless service, phone selection and plans I'm about fed up.

Old 09-02-2003, 02:56 AM
Foo Fighter
Pontificator
Send a message via MSN to Foo Fighter

I can certainly vouch for Verizon's customer support, which is world class. My only real gripe is with their selection of mobile phones. The available offerings stink to high hell. Most are cheapy Audiovox and LG phones. They do have one PPC Phone (Samsung) and a Palm phone (Kyocera), but beyond that it's all downhill. Hell, Verizon is only JUST NOW offering its first camera phone! 8O

I really had my heart set on the upcoming Treo 600 but I know it will be at least a year (if ever) before Verizon even considers offering it. And God only knows what their plans are concerning Windows Powered Smartphones. I'm sure those will never be supported. :roll:

Old 09-02-2003, 03:06 AM
yawanag
Thinker
Default Verizon and Nextel tie

I'll give T-Mobile two thumbs up for it's Customer Service regarding the phone, but for the PDA portion, well, it's not that they leave you on hold, it's they don't have an answer when they return.

IMO I think they are more interested in phone customers than PDA. It's too bad because as much as I love the product, I just think twice about asking for help with a problem. That's when I'm glad there's PocketThoughts. :multi:

Old 09-02-2003, 03:33 AM
trachy
Thinker

Mark me down as one of those who can't stand the lack of customer service Alltel provides. I've been with them for a couple of years, and have yet to run into an employee that didn't act hassled when I asked them a question. I, too, will be running for the hills this coming November. It so happens my contract with them runs out just about the same time as number portability goes into effect. :lol:

Old 09-02-2003, 03:54 AM
shawnc
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulas
I've been a SprintPCS customer for well over 5 years and I can say without equivocation that I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT improvement in customer service over the past two months.

Keep up the effort.

Old 09-02-2003, 03:56 AM
Fabulas
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to Fabulas Send a message via MSN to Fabulas Send a message via Yahoo to Fabulas

Glad to be of service :mrgreen:

Old 09-02-2003, 01:12 PM
aroma
Thinker

I'm just glad to see that others (Verizon at this point) are starting to offer "Push-to-Talk" services like NexTel has had for so long.

- Aaron