Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 08-25-2003, 08:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Pocket PC Thoughts Now Accepts Credit Cards for Subscriber Services

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php

Based on the volume of feedback I received when we launched our subscriber services, I've spent the past couple of months investigating credit card processing services, and I'm pleased to announce that you can now subscribe to Pocket PC Thoughts' enhanced suite of services using any major credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, etc.). I hope that this will make it easy for everyone to support Pocket PC Thoughts without some of the potential hassles of using PayPal or sending in a money order. If you haven't heard about subscriber services yet, please give this a read.

I'm paying a little more for the credit card processing than I am for using PayPal, but I've kept the subscriber pricing the same for everyone. I don't think it's fair to penalize anyone for using a credit card, so I'll eat the extra cost. But if you're trying to decide between a Lite or Full subscription, maybe this will nudge you towards a Full one. :wink:

The service I've chosen to use is 2Checkout.com. That's an affiliate URL, and I signed up with them as an affiliate because I'm pretty darn impressed with how easy and fast their system is to use. :-) If you've ever wanted to accept credit cards on your Web site, I highly recommend them - I was amazed at how quickly I was able to get up and running (about 10 minutes total). It's so fast and easy to set up new items for sale that I'm also using their system for our online advertising, and for some upcoming Pocket PC Thoughts products (such as the coveted Pocket PC Thoughts Elite Microlight, and perhaps a few things you can wear!)

I should note that when you subscribe with a credit card, I have to manually enable subscriber services on your account and send you a confirmation email, so it may take up to 48 hours for me to do so (I'll try to do it fast!). Also, if you're from a country with a high rate of credit card fraud, there will be a delay on enabling subscriber services while 2Checkout does several fraud detection tests. Once they tell me it's all clear, you'll be good to go. :way to go:

Old 08-25-2003, 08:24 PM
berzins
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to berzins
Default Grin.

Was I number one? I subscribed today before you made the announcement not even realizing it. Hope I did not screw something up!

Dave...

Old 08-25-2003, 09:51 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Re: Grin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzins
Was I number one? I subscribed today before you made the announcement not even realizing it. Hope I did not screw something up!
Yes, you were the first! :way to go:

Old 08-25-2003, 10:06 PM
Wuss912
Intellectual
Default Re: Grin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzins

Dave...
ooh ooh i want to be number too!!!! :lol:

Old 08-25-2003, 10:09 PM
petvas
Theorist
Send a message via AIM to petvas Send a message via MSN to petvas Send a message via Skype™ to petvas

Jason that's great news. I have subscribed and paid with Paypal a few days ago but I must admit I wasn't comfortable with them...

Old 08-25-2003, 10:22 PM
darrylb
Thinker

Thanks Jason, Another fine example of seeking customer satisfaction. The subscriber services are great and this is a great way to respond to feedback. 8)

Old 08-25-2003, 11:36 PM
griph
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to griph
Default Re: Pocket PC Thoughts Now Accepts Credit Cards for Subscriber Services

Nice one Jason - always a good idea to give customers as many ways to pay as possible - that way you are unlikely to loose one.

Old 08-26-2003, 12:50 AM
Fzara
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by petvas
Jason that's great news. I have subscribed and paid with Paypal a few days ago but I must admit I wasn't comfortable with them...
I suscribed as well. Within minutes I received an email from PayPal, but Janak told me not to send my password to the link within that email. Seems like its a fradulent email to new PayPal suscribers.

This is great news! I bit the bullet a couple weeks ago and used PayPal after finding no alternative to a direct way to buy in my suscription. I definitely think the direct credit card approach is much more professional than using PayPal IMHO.

Old 08-26-2003, 01:23 AM
admdvs
Neophyte

i also use 2checkout.com for my credit card processing.. they are GREAT !

http://otrland.com

..adam

Old 08-26-2003, 01:27 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

(going slightly OT, apologies to Kati & Steve...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fzara
I suscribed as well. Within minutes I received an email from PayPal, but Janak told me not to send my password to the link within that email. Seems like its a fradulent email to new PayPal suscribers.
Don't take my word for it From this link:

Quote:
Any e-mail or other communication requesting your password, asking you to provide sensitive account information via email, or linking to a website with a URL that does not begin with https://www.paypal.com/ should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to PayPal immediately using this form . If you do share your PayPal password with a third party for any reason, including because the third party has promised to provide you additional services such as account aggregation, the third party will have access to your account and your personal information, and you may be responsible for actions taken using your password. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately by logging in to your account at www.paypal.com and changing your Profile settings, and also contact us right away as described in Section F below.
There might be instances where PayPal emails you and asks you to log in and change a setting, but be very careful about it. In most of those cases, I believe you can manually navigate to PayPal's site and log in and do what they ask you to do.

--janak