Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 08-22-2003, 06:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default DeskNow Mail & Collaboration Server 2.0

http://www.mywebattack.com/gnomeapp.php?id=106879

"DeskNow Lite is a free mail and collaboration server. In addition to standard SMTP and POP3, it offers Web-based collaboration tools such as advanced Web mail with spam filtering, document management to let users store and share documents online, unlimited Web calendars with sharing and combined views, shared address book and message boards. You can also use your existing ISP instead of the built-in mail server capabilities. Despite the many features, DeskNow is remarkably easy to us, thanks to the well designed and user-friendly interface that allows you to understand and use the system in a matter of minutes.

The initial configuration wizard will guide you through the setup and you will have a fully functional collaboration server up and running in about 5 minutes. It even includes a Java based instant messenger that allows you to chat with other users that are currently logged in. The free Lite version can be upgraded to the Professional version (commercial), which adds secure instant messaging, access from Palm, PocketPC and WAP devices, access to remote files as a network drive, and more. If you are looking for a collaboration server, this is one of the first you should try!"

I just thought it was cool that this collaboration server was Pocket PC-friendly. :-)

Old 08-22-2003, 10:24 AM
petvas
Theorist
Send a message via AIM to petvas Send a message via MSN to petvas Send a message via Skype™ to petvas

It is nice to see more and more Collaboration Servers offering Mobility features...
Of course the best of them is:

Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 offers great mobility features and hasn't gotten so much publicity in all Pocket-pc Enthusiast sites. With Exchange Server, Pocket PCs can connect and synchronize the users mailbox. Mail, Calendar and Contacts can be in sync between our PDAs and our Exchange Mailbox. Windows Mobile 2003 also supports Always Up to Date notifications, a new feature of Exchange Server 2003.
Outlook Mobile Access also is great for reading our mail from any device available. PDAs & Mobiles can use this feature...

Old 08-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by petvas
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 offers great mobility features and hasn't gotten so much publicity in all Pocket-pc Enthusiast sites.
I thought it wasn't coming out fully until next month? Regardless, I'm sure that once more companies have it, we'll be talking about it more. :-)

Old 08-22-2003, 02:32 PM
petvas
Theorist
Send a message via AIM to petvas Send a message via MSN to petvas Send a message via Skype™ to petvas

Exchange Server 2003 RTMed on June the 30th. It is available commercially from August 1st...