Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 08-15-2003, 08:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default iPAQ 3900 Series Windows Mobile 2003 Upgrade shipping

http://www.smb.compaq.com/sp_main.asp?hp_url=searchresults.asp?store_id=8&search_id=71&dept_id=1084&dsc=pocket+pc+upgrades&c=HPSMBCtr_ppcupgrade&n=D_I_DR_X_T_x_GenericNVP&t=ad&r=HP_SMBCtr_O

I'm ordering mine today! :mrgreen: There is a separate upgrade for the 395x and 397x series, so get the right one. The price is $29.95 plus shipping. I'm in no rush so I picked the cheap $5.15 UPS Ground option. Oh man, they charge tax for Tennessee residents. :bad-words: $38.35 total for me. Less than 20 minutes after ordering I got a ship confirmation from HP, so unless they are starting to run low on CDs, ignore the Sept. 5, 2003 expected ship date.

Old 08-15-2003, 08:22 PM
`helios
Ponderer
Send a message via ICQ to `helios Send a message via MSN to `helios

Too bad this is only for Yank customers. HP Canada has changed the date about 10 times :evil:

C'mon HP, I want to give you some money, what's the hold up? The expected release date from HP Canada is August 25th!!!!

Old 08-15-2003, 08:26 PM
brianchris
Philosopher

Congratulations 3900 owners......your ship came in sooner than that of us 5400 owners :grumble: Come on HP......please update us (in more ways than one).

-Brian

Old 08-15-2003, 08:45 PM
txcas
Pupil

Funny thing that they are not available in Canada yet. My 3970 upgrade shipped from Ontario, CA yesterday.

Old 08-15-2003, 08:47 PM
Dave Beauvais
Pontificator

I received the following e-mail yesterday, Thursday, August 14, 2003, regarding the upgrade CD for my h5455:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The author of this e-mail from HP Outbound Customer Care
Dear David Beauvais,

We apologize for the inconvenience; however we will be unable to ship your order# [omitted] by 8/12/03 as originally communicated. I appreciate your patience and apologize again for the inconvenience this delay may cause you.

We understand your current selection is your first choice. It may be possible to change some of the items on your order or ship some items separately. The following options are available to you:
  • Maintain your order with no change.
  • Ship the available items separately.
  • Change your selection.
  • Cancel your order.
Unless we hear from you by 9/11/03, federal regulations require that your order be cancelled if we remain unable to ship it.

If you prefer that your order remain open or would like to make changes, please contact us via email or at 800-888-0292 prior to 9/11/03.

Thank you for choosing Hewlett-Packard, for your technology needs.

Sincerely,
Aaron Arenas
Outbound Customer Care
Hewlett Packard Company

Your Account ID is [omitted].

Check this order�s status at:
www.smb.compaq.com

Select Order Status
This is the second such message I've received. The first came Monday, July 28, 2003, after the first delay. I think it's a nice touch that they send me a message two days after the supposed ship date to let me know that they won't be able to ship "on time." I especially like the part about my current selection being my "first choice," but that some of the items could be changed or shipped separately. Nice form letter, HP. Now I have to call to tell them that I still actually want to receive the update CD or they'll cancel my order?! :evil:

Thought I'd pass that along.

--Dave

Old 08-15-2003, 09:39 PM
egoz
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to egoz Send a message via AIM to egoz Send a message via MSN to egoz

Yeah, so i ordered mine as soon as the 3900's upgrade was website-announced. But, checking my order status, it shows it shipped, but no UPS Tracking ID; So, i'm left a bit in the dark as to when it shipped.

Anyway... When i do get the upgrade i plan on doing a complete hard reset of my 3900 and *then* upgrade. No more light-grey screen of death for me, like when i upgraded to 1.11 and killed the beast in the process, somehow, needing to send it in.

Hopefully this upgrade goes a wee-bit better.

.rob adams

Old 08-15-2003, 09:58 PM
scargill
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Helios
Too bad this is only for Yank customers. HP Canada has changed the date about 10 times :evil:

C'mon HP, I want to give you some money, what's the hold up? The expected release date from HP Canada is August 25th!!!!
You should feel yourself lucky!
In the UK we can't order until September (doesn't say when) for shipping in October.
And in US$ it is going to work out about $70
urm.....so yes Im not too happy!

Old 08-15-2003, 10:14 PM
ricksfiona
Pontificator
Send a message via AIM to ricksfiona

This is great. The 38xx upgrade will ship in 2 - 3 weeks, but this is still sooner than the original October ship date. HP - doing a good job.

Old 08-16-2003, 02:31 AM
Kash76
Ponderer

I ordered on the 7th, never got a ship confirm and all my status says is "Ship complete: Yes" Is it on it's way then??

Old 08-16-2003, 02:34 AM
Kash76
Ponderer

It also says QTY Backorder:1 What the hell, I'm getting skipped over!!b