Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-23-2003, 09:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Cerience's Repligo 1.2 Released

http://www.cerience.com

Cerience has released Repligo 1.2. This is a free upgrade to existing owners, and as mentioned last week, the viewer component is now free. The RGO engine costs between $24.95 and $29.95 depending on your setup.

Fixes and enhancements for this release include:
� Free RepliGo Viewers available for Windows PC
� RepliGo Viewer enhancements allow for seamless integration with third party email programs and Web browsers on mobile devices.
� Bug fixes

You can download a trial version or buy it at Handango (affiliate link). This update requires you to uninstall your previous version and reboot before installing, so plan ahead.

Old 07-23-2003, 10:53 PM
markan
Ponderer

As was discussed in an earlier thread I think making users pay for the "publishing" tool and providing the viewers free is 100% the way to go, but they have confused me with the pricing. Why does it cost less on Smartphone than PPC or Palm. Surely it is the same engine and a different free viewer?

Or am I missing something blindingly obvious :?

Old 07-23-2003, 11:06 PM
beyondallcom
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by markan
As was discussed in an earlier thread I think making users pay for the "publishing" tool and providing the viewers free is 100% the way to go, but they have confused me with the pricing. Why does it cost less on Smartphone than PPC or Palm. Surely it is the same engine and a different free viewer?

Or am I missing something blindingly obvious :?
Same here... i'm totally lost

Old 07-23-2003, 11:09 PM
markan
Ponderer

I actually should add that I think it's well worth the higher $29.95 price anyway :!:

Old 07-23-2003, 11:24 PM
beyondallcom
Pupil

I was thinking maybe the prices were for each target device? Then again that sounds strange... hope someone can clear it up

Old 07-23-2003, 11:30 PM
Ed Hansberry

Hey, I paid $40 for it and that was after a $10 coupon. :shocked!:

Old 07-23-2003, 11:43 PM
beyondallcom
Pupil

Ed,

Does that mean if you buy it for 1 of the target devices, it works for all?

Thanks,
Kevin

Old 07-23-2003, 11:44 PM
dcho99
Pupil

The pricing question is a good one. The five dollar difference between the Palm OS and Pocket PC versions vs. the smart phone editions was mainly due to the fact that on the PDA versions you have printing support and larger screen sizes which in turn you could argue provide more utility.

Now with the viewers being free, this makes less sense. We are considering new pricing models but have not made any decisions yet.

Dave C
Cerience Corporation

Old 07-23-2003, 11:48 PM
dcho99
Pupil

Kevin,

That's correct. The RepliGo file format is cross-platform, meaning any RepliGo file can be viewed on any of the supported devices. (Palm OS, Pocket PC, MS Smartphone, Nokia Series 60, Sony Ericsson P800, and now Windows desktop PC) with the free viewer.

RepliGo provides an easy way to send RepliGo documents via email - so if you have mobile people and they use different devices, you can be assured that they can receive and display the document.

Visit www.repligo.com to download the free viewer. If you visit that site from your connected mobile device, it will know what your device is and take you to the appropriate pages.

Thanks,

Dave C
Cerience Corporation

Old 07-23-2003, 11:49 PM
Ed Hansberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcho99
The pricing question is a good one. The five dollar difference between the Palm OS and Pocket PC versions vs. the smart phone editions was mainly due to the fact that on the PDA versions you have printing support and larger screen sizes which in turn you could argue provide more utility.

Now with the viewers being free, this makes less sense. We are considering new pricing models but have not made any decisions yet.
Of course, you could just buy the $24.95 version then download your free viewer. At this point, you are only selling the engine, and charging different prices makes no sense.

Beyondall - yeah, one engine, infinite clients, just like Adobe Acrobat. :way to go: