Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 07-22-2003, 05:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default PUREPOCKETS Reviews the iPAQ 5550

http://www.purepockets.com/

A new site, launched by Wayne Mahon, has a review on the iPAQ 5550. There's lots of pictures, especially of the new Windows Mobile 2003 additions, so if you're curious about what's new, take a look. Here's a blurb from his review:

"My friends and family said goodbye as I received my new �TOY�. They know that the chance of them pulling me away from it is slim to none. I must say that I had very high expectations of this newest of Pocket PC�s. The whites of my eyes grew as I first opened the box, my mouth watered as I reviewed the specs and my ears soothed from the sounds of coming from MEDIA PLAYER 9! For the following week I sat in a trance to see just what this machine had to offer."

Old 07-22-2003, 05:08 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Ooooh! We Thoughtted(tm) a site. :lol:

--janak

Old 07-22-2003, 05:16 AM
achille
Pupil

Old 07-22-2003, 05:17 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Re: PUREPOCKETS Reviews the iPAQ 5550

Quote:
Originally Posted by achille
Therefore by linking the site you effectively killed it...
If you step up to the plate, you'd better be swinging a bat and not a toothpick. :mrgreen:

Old 07-22-2003, 05:19 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
TechTV has that same effect too... the only difference between Paul Alan and Jason Dunn ? Couple billion dollars!
Well, not if Jason successfully launches his empire. :lol:

Mind you, Slashdot is still the big daddy of the "Effect", but it's really nice to see that we have an active readership.

--janak

Old 07-22-2003, 05:26 AM
Deus
Thinker

Ok, ok enough shots! i just started working on the site.! hahaha I just wanted to get it up and get a review up, before I moved it to a host. Any suggestions of where to have it hosted?

Yes i currently am hosting on my local box. Whats wrong with that? Just to get all the coding correct! :wink:

Also the connection was never killed!

Old 07-22-2003, 05:29 AM
Deus
Thinker
Default Re: PUREPOCKETS Reviews the iPAQ 5550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Quote:
Therefore by linking the site you effectively killed it...
If you step up to the plate, you'd better be swinging a bat and not a toothpick. :mrgreen:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH That hurts!!

Old 07-22-2003, 05:35 AM
Deus
Thinker

Actually they have consistently loaded quickly. Even after clearing cached pages. i am looking for a host right now. Does anyone know anything about http://www.dot5hosting.com ? I was looking at the Dit 4 package.

Old 07-22-2003, 05:47 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus
Any suggestions of where to have it hosted?
For now, since you're just starting out, I recommend Page-Zone. They have an awesome control panel, very reasonable rates, and you can put more than one domain on your account if you get a reseller account. That's an affiliate link as well. I have 10+ sites on my one account, and I'm really, really happy with their service. :mrgreen:

Old 07-22-2003, 05:47 AM
Deus
Thinker

What kind of stats should I be looking for for a hosting service. Disk space and transfer? Anyone?