Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default MY|PHONE|PROFILES For Pocket PC Phones

http://www.handango.com/brainstore/...productId=79853

For those of you who have been looking for a quick profile-switching capability, this little piece of software might just do the trick.

Features include the ability to define four different profiles, the ability to change profiles with one tap, and to do permanent or temporary changes. More details are available from the developer's page.

Old 07-08-2003, 01:15 AM
suhit
Ponderer

I know this post has nothing to do with this thread, but there was a post briefly about the launch of the smartphonethoughts.com site. What happened to -

1) that post?

2) the smartphonethoughts.com site... lots of PHP errors. I am guessing the post was taken off due to the site being down?!?

Suhit

PS - Just to make this post relevent... I would like to know what kinds of performance people are getting with the My Phone Profiles software?

Old 07-08-2003, 04:23 PM
smittyofdhs
Thinker

two words..... IT SUCKS!

Go ove to pdaphonehome.com and check out the thread already going about the software. Not one person who has posted likes it.

Old 07-08-2003, 05:45 PM
JGUI
Pupil
Default new 2.1. fixed problems

please check the newest version

I just updated to the 2.1. version

fixed all bugs reported by the users

... and still awaiting for any comments allow me to improve this software

Old 07-08-2003, 05:53 PM
smittyofdhs
Thinker
Default Re: new 2.1. fixed problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGUI
please check the newest version

I just updated to the 2.1. version

fixed all bugs reported by the users

... and still awaiting for any comments allow me to improve this software
Testing now.....

The first thing that can be fixed is the icons. In both large and small view they look jagged, like you are using a small icon and blowing it up. Also, it would be nice if the end-user could use their own icons. For me, Normal profile means using loud settings on all. That makes the Loud setting pointless. I should be able to use any title for the profile as well as any icon so that it works for me.

Another issue... your app doesn't pull the sound files from the \windows\rings\ directory. As you know, this is the directory that all user ring tones go into.

Another issue.... low battery setting, you only allow the user to turn on/off sound, but you don't allow turning off the popup message. Why?

another issue... the time displayed is not in the format of the device, it uses 24-hour clock only.

Also it would be nice to be able to copy the profiles from one to another. That way the user doesn't have to re-enter all the settings again, if the profiles are close in their settings.

what is the hide all feature in the context menu?

another issue.... The Uninstall Completely feature in options doesn't work either. You click it, the device prompts for a reset, and the app is still present after the reboot. It creates a myprofiles.dlx file in the windows directory but does not get rid of the myprofiles.dll file.

The feature that allows it stay on the bottom of the today screen fails when you have enough items to make the scroll bars appear. I have myprofiles set to the bottom of the screen with small icons. I added 5 calendar events for today so that the scroll bars would appear on the today screen. You app scrolls off the page and is unusable and totally hidden (lost) from the screen. Even after removing the calendar events, your today plugin never comes back to the screen, until a soft reset is done. I even have an app that refreshes the today screen, and that didn't work either.

Old 07-08-2003, 09:09 PM
Cliffbrooks
Pupil

I like the concept behind this product -- the developer definitely saw a need and jumped on it.

But what I've been looking for is an app that will search your calendar and automatically switch its setting based on, maybe category. That way, I can create a category called "meeting" for all my meetings and tell the phone to go silent during those times. I could also create one called "movie" and tell it to go into vibrate mode, and the default setting (if no calendar category is in play) might be "loud". That way I could automate the process and find much more success. If anyone knows of such an app, please let me know!

Thanks

Old 07-08-2003, 09:11 PM
smittyofdhs
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffbrooks
I like the concept behind this product -- the developer definitely saw a need and jumped on it.

But what I've been looking for is an app that will search your calendar and automatically switch its setting based on, maybe category. That way, I can create a category called "meeting" for all my meetings and tell the phone to go silent during those times. I could also create one called "movie" and tell it to go into vibrate mode, and the default setting (if no calendar category is in play) might be "loud". That way I could automate the process and find much more success. If anyone knows of such an app, please let me know!

Thanks
I think this is exactly what you need:

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=2623