Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-01-2003, 01:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Astraware's Insanaquarium

http://www.handango.com/brainstore/...productId=78868

"Being an aquarium owner isn't easy these days. Not only do you have to ensure that your fish are well fed, but you also have to fight off nasty aliens! Fortunately you have a whole gang of crazy pets to help you. For instance, Zorf the Sea-Horse helps you with feeding duties, and Itchy the Swordfish helps you fight off those pesky aliens. Even better, your fish are not ordinary fish! These cute little fellows drop valuable coins! And you'll need every penny you can get, since the price of fish-food isn't going down!"

I haven't had much time for games lately, but I downloaded the trial version of this application and it really is insane and addicting! I had a lot of fun with the game, although I wish it went full-screen on my Pocket PC (looking at the Pocket PC taskbar takes away from the fun). You can download the trial version or purchase the full version for $14.95. There aren't many games that can keep my attention for long, but this is one of them - it's surprisingly fresh and innovative. Way to go Astraware! [Affiliate]

Old 07-01-2003, 01:23 AM
Raynne
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to Raynne Send a message via Yahoo to Raynne

I've had this game for a week or so and it is definitely addicting. I didn't think it looked all that great at first, but I love it now. Astraware has some great games/

Old 07-01-2003, 02:51 AM
fletch
Pupil
Default Remember those old PC aquarium screensavers?

You used to have to feed them reguarly and tap the screen to entertain them. I think they called them virtual pets.

An app like this for PPC would be ideal. It could come on as soon as you power the device. You could futz around with it for a few seconds then go to the today screen.

Old 07-01-2003, 03:25 AM
beq
Oracle

Yeah, what was the one that started the craze (I think in Japan)? Tamagotchi or something like that? Of course over there they've now moved on from virtual pets to robotic pets

Old 07-01-2003, 03:27 AM
palmsolo
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to palmsolo

The latest version plays in full screen (well almost full) in landscape mode on my iPaq 2215. I've been playing this since it was released on my CLIE NX70 and they just added landscape support so now I play it on a full 320x480 display. This games ROCKS and I highly recommend you use a screen protector as you will tap away madly trying to destroy the aliens.

Old 07-01-2003, 04:27 AM
brntcrsp
Thinker

it's actually not a tamagotchi but a real game with strategy and missions. you navagate through a series of tasks that you must accomplish before you can aquire more pets and you have to fight aliens. it has a little more depth than the tamagotchis, but that would be another great app for multimedia PDAs or smartphones.

if you also want to try before you install head over to http://www.popcap.com/ and play the online version to get a feel for it.

while you're there also check out seven seas - another new port to the pocket pc from astraware.

Old 07-01-2003, 04:49 AM
Raynne
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to Raynne Send a message via Yahoo to Raynne

I actually wish there was a virtual pet for the Pocket PC, but I guess that is the girl in me. I am surprised, though, that there hasn't been one released.

Old 07-01-2003, 06:02 AM
fletch
Pupil

Well, if theres any animators out there, let me know.

Coding shouldn't be too hard :idea:

Old 07-01-2003, 03:23 PM
bcaray
Pupil

Does anyone remember Dogz? This was a virtual pet for the PC. It could run in the background and an animated dog would run around the screen while you worked. You could throw balls that he would run after and teach him triks. It was kinda fun. I think they also had Catz for those who would rather have their virtual pet ignore them.

Old 07-02-2003, 07:20 PM
volwrath
Ponderer

I also would like a GOOD virtual pet game with lots of hidden stuff.