Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 06-13-2003, 05:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default McDeb's Awesome Themes

http://www.mcdeb.com/

Debbie continues to crank out beautiful themes - and she's one of the few theme designers that grasps the fact that text needs to be readable on top of the image. :roll: Way to go Debbie! So many nice themes - and if you want to support her excellent freeware work, consider buying one of her commercial theme packs. I bought the Springtime theme pack for my wife, and she loves it!

Old 06-13-2003, 06:28 PM
KAMware
Ponderer

Deb certainly does make some well designed themes. But I think you line " and she's one of the few theme designers that grasps the fact that text needs to be readable on top of the image." should maybe read, " and she's one of the few theme designers that grasps the fact that some people place text on the desktop and need to be able to read it." Not all people place text and icons on the desktop and may want to see a full image instead of an offset one. Themes would certainly be rather boring if you were restricted to creating offset images only.

I personally never use any of the icons or text on the desktop as I like to see the entire image.

Now that I think of it why does MS force us to only place certain items on the desktop and only in lines of them even with 3rd party add ons? If this is truely a Pocket PC and not a fancy PDA then we should be allowed to place Icons aound the desk top like a PC.

Just ramblin... oh here comes... 8O

Old 06-13-2003, 06:45 PM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Can't get to PocketNow to download the theme you've pictured. Too many connections! PPCT effect?

Old 06-13-2003, 08:56 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kati42
Can't get to PocketNow to download the theme you've pictured. Too many connections! PPCT effect?
It's all fixed now - give it another try!

Old 06-13-2003, 11:50 PM
Kati Compton

I don't know about "all fixed" - I'm still having trouble getting to the themes. Half of the ones I click on get me a blank middle frame, and trying to get to the next page of the themes on a search for "McDeb" got a list with thumbnails once, but a blank middle frame the other 3-4 times I tried. I'll try again later tonight.

Old 06-14-2003, 11:18 AM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

There's quite a few nice ones there. Now I found that MS's Theme Switcher "Auto Switch mode" really works, I am getting hold of masses of decent themes so my desktop and themes switch every hour. It really livens things up.

Old 06-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Stone
Ponderer

You can also find a couple hundred of McDeb's awesome themes here and here. Enjoy!

Old 06-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Kati Compton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone
You can also find a couple hundred of McDeb's awesome themes here and here.
Thanks! Just to let you know, with Mozilla I get a 404 error when trying to download a file (after the "look at this while you download" page is shown).

Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3) Gecko/20030312
www.pocketthemes.com
/tempthemes/McDeb/PT-Fireflies
(none)
I can download okay using IE, but I hate having to switch browsers...

Not sure if it's the code you're using or something wrong in Mozilla.

Old 06-14-2003, 11:32 PM
Pixelnose
Ponderer
Default First post

Hi guys, I'm a Tungsten user for the next few months, but if this Markspace Missing Sync software for Mac works, I'll be joining the Pocketpc world soon. I'm a sometime-user now, using an old dust-ridden Jornada 568 that I can't sync yet (Pocketmac software should be illegal. It's horrible). I had good luck with Missing Sync for Clie, so here's hoping..

Anyway, when it comes to skins, if there's one author that I feel is about 200% better than McDeb, it's Juni. You can find his Dashboard skins at Wincustomize, and he posts Facelift skins over at Brighthand. You'll also find a link to his website in his Brighthand posts. I'll go dig it up if anyone wants it.

Not that McDeb isn't a fine author - it's just my personal preference.