Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-12-2003, 10:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default SpaceTime Scientific Calculator

http://spacetime.twostunads.com

"Two Stunads & Co. is proud to announce SpaceTime, a revolutionary mathematical application for the Pocket PC empowering your mobile device with 3D animated graphing capabilities."

Old 06-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Crystal Eitle
Sage

I sure don't understand the math behind it, but that program is sexxxy. Makes me wanna go take some advanced math classes just so I can use it! 8)

Old 06-12-2003, 10:47 PM
PPCRules
Thinker

It amazes me that commercial companies would use Flash as an entrance pass to their sites.

I often encounter ones that have Flash options, or a non-Flash entrance option at the bottom of a Flash screen, but it seems that allowing Flash-only at the front page would hinder business.

(In case you Flashed people don't want to remove it to see what I mean, all you get is a full screen square, with no option to advance into the site. This isn't the only one; I had another one earlier this week, and probably encounter it at least once a week, on commercial, not entertainment-oriented sites.)

edit: Sorry, that sounds off-topic. But I can't comment on the product ...

Old 06-12-2003, 11:33 PM
Cortex
Philosopher

the product looks excellent

hopefully they will have a demo version

Old 06-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Gremmie
Philosopher

Not bad, does anyone know if there has been success using TI Roms?

Old 06-13-2003, 03:35 AM
heov
Thinker

hmm.. doesn't seem to have a CAS. anyone needing 3d graphing capabilities probably also would prefer to have a cas.

anyway. i have a bunch of math programs on my ppc... and i never use any of hteme. like last year i was in ap calc bc (calc 1 and calc 2) and it's just too much work using the onscreen keypads (imo). I always resorted to my HP49g, even though it took much longer to graph... i dont' know. i can't use my ppc on tests, so maybe that's why i don't see a lot of use for them...

hmm. "space time"... interesting name. kinda makes sense. I'm in calc3 now (just started) and don't even know how to graph something in 4dimensions...

Old 06-13-2003, 03:41 AM
sponge
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremmie
Not bad, does anyone know if there has been success using TI Roms?
It's not an emulator, it's a completly native program, so what do you mean by that?

Old 06-13-2003, 04:06 AM
Gremmie
Philosopher

Sorry, think i sent out confusing messages, yeah, this is a complete program, but it was an comment if anyone has made any TI emulators, because if not, this is probably the best graphing program available.

Old 06-13-2003, 04:30 AM
rosettaZ
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by heov

hmm. "space time"... interesting name. kinda makes sense. I'm in calc3 now (just started) and don't even know how to graph something in 4dimensions...
I thought TI 89 can play loop too, tho' very clumsy. Plus this one will have that much bigger screen and color. I hope it will be able to handle a large class of equations.

Old 06-14-2003, 12:18 AM
jlhorng
Pupil

very much like a strip down Matlab from MathWorks. Wonder if it takes Matlab scripts?