Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-11-2003, 08:00 PM
Crystal Eitle
Sage
Default PDAMill Announces Release of Gamebox Solitaire

http://pdamill.com/products.shtml#solitaire

"PDAmill (author of such hits as Snails, GameBox and TopKey) has recently announced its latest game, GameBox Solitaire. It's an excellent quality card game pack including 3 sound tracks, lots of options and statistics, alpha effects, and smooth animations. The incredible graphics, audio, and gameplay make it a must have for everybody. Features ten card games: Blind Alleys, Canfield, Chinese, East Haven, Fourteen Out, Freecell, Golf, Klondike, Pyramid, and Pyramid Golf."

I tried this game out last night, and the graphics really are nice to look at. The music's great, too. You can try out a demo version or buy it at PDAMill.

Old 06-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Elad Yakobowicz
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to Elad Yakobowicz Send a message via MSN to Elad Yakobowicz

Excellent game! The music/gameplay combo is a bit too addicting, so be prepared :twisted:

Old 06-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Jacob
Pontificator

That looks great... more than just the standard "klondike" style solitaire.

Old 06-12-2003, 12:32 AM
McCade
Neophyte

This is an fantastic looking solitaire. However, I was dissapointed in the solitaire rules. Every version of Pyramid solitaire I have ever played is based off of 13, theirs is based off of 14 which just messes me up since I play that one all the time. There are also no options to flip 3 cards at a time instead of 1. If you want a great looking solitaire then this is it, however if you want a solitaire that is more focused on the game then look somewhere else.

McCade

Old 06-16-2003, 10:15 AM
ChristopherTD
Thinker

This collection looks amazing but looks can be deceptive. All the coding appears to have gone into the graphics (which are excellent).

The instructions for each game are sparse, and it doesn't appear to tell you when you have no moves left (at least not that I can tell).

It may be that they will add a few gameplay features in the future but at the moment it could do with a bit more attention!