Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-05-2003, 05:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default UltiPlanner Public Beta

http://www.uglybass.com/ultiplanner/

"We are releasing a Public Beta Demo Version of our product during final testing. Please check it out and let us know any bugs or errors you may find or ideas for future versions. We had to cut off the 1.0 version somewhere but we already have pages of ideas for future versions, and want to hear which ones you find most important."

� Full Contact, Task, Schedule, Note, and Journal Support
� Multiple Customizable Views per section
� Text Wrapping
� Category Icons and coloring
� Multi-Task Creation Features
� POOM Maintenence Options
� Linking

Interesting in helping beta test this application? Download the beta from their site. Looks like Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion have some new competition!

Old 06-05-2003, 05:37 PM
ricksfiona
Pontificator
Send a message via AIM to ricksfiona

Nice interface. But I'm not sure if it distinguishes itself that much from the competition. Being able to synchronize my ACT! information with TransACT on my Pocket PC, not much point in me switching.

Old 06-05-2003, 05:40 PM
pschultz
Intellectual

It looks a little too much like Pocket Informant....

Old 06-05-2003, 05:40 PM
ux4484
Thinker

Thanks Jason, it's got the DateBk type calendar look and feel I've been looking for. I'll give it a go.

Looks like a winner for former POS'ers.

Old 06-05-2003, 06:00 PM
Will T Smith
Thinker
Default SO MANY PIMS!!!

There are so many PIM replacements out there right now. I'm not sure that any more are going to make a significant dent in the marketplace unless they have some real earth-shattering features.

Don't forget that PocketPC2003 is bound to have some updates as well.

Let's all encourage software developers to forge into new territory instead of rehashing an area that all-ready has some very slick applications (Pocket Informant/Pocket Fusion).

Old 06-05-2003, 06:14 PM
Johan
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to Johan

So they basically want people to test their stuff and people supposed to spend time testing a beta are rewarded with DEMO software? Also no info. on what the DEMO restrictions are?

Yeah right... 8O

Old 06-05-2003, 06:26 PM
ferrysj
Pupil

Quote:
Let's all encourage software developers to forge into new territory instead of rehashing an area that all-ready has some very slick applications (Pocket Informant/Pocket Fusion).
For me that would be the ability to sync over addtional (user defined) fields from Outlook. That would seem to be more of a PC2003 OS issue since the PIMs just mask that data.

Tried TransAct and it is way too slow at this time.

Old 06-05-2003, 06:37 PM
ikesler
Intellectual

Seems very lacking to me............. Don't think it will do much to the PIM replacements out there now.......

Old 06-05-2003, 06:38 PM
PJE
Thinker
Default A me too! product?

This does not seem to move the PIM market on in any appreciable way - I'll download it and try it out, but it seems to have vary few unique selling points over the established competition.

The likelyhood is the good features will get incorporated into PI/PF.

What I'd like to see is a PIM front end which does not requre the use of a stylus for most features. For example, what good is a list of names in an address book? what I want is a fast way to access the name I want in an inteligent fashion with autocompletion for name/company/etc...

My 2c

PJE

Old 06-05-2003, 07:22 PM
ikesler
Intellectual
Default Re: A me too! product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJE
What I'd like to see is a PIM front end which does not requre the use of a stylus for most features. For example, what good is a list of names in an address book? what I want is a fast way to access the name I want in an inteligent fashion with autocompletion for name/company/etc...
Curious as to what you mean exactly?
I know a couple people that have coupled PI with Vito ButtonMapper to use hardware buttons for many, many features...... rather than the stylus.