Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-03-2003, 05:48 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Multiple Today Screens with MTUX TodayX 1.0

http://www.handango.com/brainstore/...productId=75298

� Allow you to use FOUR Today Screen.
� Switch Today Screen by simple tap.
� Set options for each Today screen.
� Today Screen Settings
� Arrange Today Items on each Today Screen.
� Set different Theme for each Today Screen.

Looks like a cool little app, and it's only $3.99! I can see myself using this - there are Today screens I want to show off, but they become invisible behind my plugins. You can download the trial version or purchase the full version. [Affiliate]

Old 06-03-2003, 06:50 PM
cpoole
Ponderer

Jeez, I must not be geeky enough. I do not even pay attention to the one today screen I have.

Old 06-03-2003, 06:56 PM
wu-wei
Neophyte

Has anyone tried this with Dashboard? I'd like to have one Today screen with my various plug-ins and another with the Dashboard interface.

Old 06-03-2003, 07:19 PM
thomas1973
Intellectual

I think it looks handy. I have just installed the WorldMate trial, and I can't figure out if I want it on my today screen or not. I like to see the weather forecast at a glance, especially in the mornings, and sometimes the different city times are useful. The again, it uses a lot of screen real estate... With Today X I can show/hide it easily. The same goes for VBirthday.

Only wish I could customize it to show different screens at different times. F.x. one in the mornings, one at work, and one for my personal free time.

Thomas.

Old 06-03-2003, 08:01 PM
dcharles18
Thinker
Send a message via AIM to dcharles18 Send a message via MSN to dcharles18 Send a message via Yahoo to dcharles18

If not for the fact that it takes up today screen space this would be really great. I like the way that JGUI's works, it is the same concept, but places an icon down in the nav bar next to the new button. The only problem is, I have found theirs to be kind of finniky.

Old 06-03-2003, 09:53 PM
yawanag
Thinker
Default MTUX TodayX

Wu-Wei, I haven't tried it with Dashboard. I'm using Pocket Facelift. I love it because I'm using tagenda. Now I have page 1 for Power Status, Journal Bar and Desktop icons. I could put tagenda on page2 and just view the appointment and tasks for the next 7 days.

Now what I really wanted to do was have page3 with game icons only but because Pocket Facelift uses pfaceLauncher, any items I check will show up on that page. I'm sure it would be something that Pocket Facelift would have to offer - having two launchers. Maybe I'll put a bug in their ear.

Old 06-03-2003, 09:55 PM
Mexico
Intellectual

Has anybody tried this with ThemeDream? I might give it a try if nobody else has...

Old 06-03-2003, 10:12 PM
Crystal Eitle
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcharles18
If not for the fact that it takes up today screen space this would be really great.
:scatter: I think my head just exploded.

Old 06-03-2003, 10:21 PM
ironguy
Sage
Default Dashboard does this - in a way

The current Dashboard beta can do this - sort of. As you know, Dash has 5 different screens that replace the Today page. They are:
Agenda
Mail
Tasks
Laucher
Contacts

Each one of these pages is capable of accepting Today page plug-ins. Each page can also sport a different graphic. The only limitation is that the Dash program associated with the page can only be viewed on the page. I.e. Contacts can only be configured on the Contacts page. If you wanted to use only plug-ins, you could. Dash does not require you to display the individual page programs.

Old 06-03-2003, 10:37 PM
dcharles18
Thinker
Send a message via AIM to dcharles18 Send a message via MSN to dcharles18 Send a message via Yahoo to dcharles18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Eitle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcharles18
If not for the fact that it takes up today screen space this would be really great.
:scatter: I think my head just exploded.

What is that supposed to mean?? :?: