Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 05-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Free (After Rebate) 32 MB Secure Digital Card from Staples

http://www.staplesrebates.com/weblo...romoCd=03-56032

It's been a slow news day, so when I saw this post in the forums by Robert Biggs, I figured it was worth passing along. You can never have too many SD cards!

"Staples is offering a great deal right now. You can get a $30 mail-in rebate on a PNY 32 MB SD card that only costs $29.94 in-store. Here's the link to the rebate form. I went into Staples and bought the card today for $29.94 + sales tax and submitted the rebate request. The UPC code on the card's package matches the qualifying product on the rebate form."

Old 05-02-2003, 04:41 AM
Shadowcat
Intellectual

Maybe I didn't look carefully enough, but I can't seem to find out whether this rebate is available in the US only or in Canada as well. Does anyone know?

Old 05-02-2003, 04:42 AM
bblock
Ponderer

Jason, where did you find a 32MB SD card for CDN$45 (roughly equivalent to US$30)? I looked on the staples.ca site http://www.staples.ca/products/catal...skusetid=14114 and see the price is CDN$54.90. While that's still not a bad deal, it's not exactly what you posted.

I'll stop by the Vancouver Staples store tomorrow, just in case they're cheaper in-store.

Old 05-02-2003, 05:13 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

I think this is US only - I was referencing the .com site, not the .ca site...

Old 05-02-2003, 05:25 AM
Shadowcat
Intellectual

I thought so. :cry:

Old 05-02-2003, 05:35 AM
QYV
Intellectual

I certainly appreciate the effort here, but I wanted to note that I saw this on Brighthand last week (and my 32MB SD card has been happily in my Axim ever since ).

Old 05-02-2003, 06:27 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcat
I thought so. :cry:
I wish I could tell people exactly what country every offer works in, but I just don't have the time to do the research needed for it - sorry. :|

Old 05-02-2003, 07:38 AM
bblock
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
I wish I could tell people exactly what country every offer works in, but I just don't have the time to do the research needed for it - sorry. :|
Hey, no sweat, Jason. Just thought I'd ask about the Canada thing since a) Staples is in Canada and b) you're a Canuck like me (no offence to the Flames!)

Great work - keep it up.

-Bryan

Old 05-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Shadowcat
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Hey, no sweat, Jason. Just thought I'd ask about the Canada thing since a) Staples is in Canada and b) you're a Canuck like me (no offence to the Flames!)

Great work - keep it up.

-Bryan
Agreed! You do a great job! Actually I expected the offer to be US only, but i just had to ask. :roll:

Old 05-02-2003, 01:43 PM
sjr
Pupil

wish i lived in the us, you guys get free stuff all the time from rebates... over here in the uk everything is just so expensive