Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-17-2003, 08:16 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Spb Full Screen Keyboard SD Card Patch Released

http://softspb.com/products/fsk/sdcard.html

PPCPE owners, rejoice! The Spb folks tracked down a DLL loading problem in the Pocket PC operating system and have developed a workaround that should finally solve your problem. You must first have v1.4 installed; then, download this patch and install it from the desktop.

Old 04-17-2003, 09:45 PM
smittyofdhs
Thinker

REJOICE-REJOICE-REJOICE!

I'm sure the support staff and Vassili will be glad not to here me bitch about this fix anymore.... This is the one app that I couldn't use when I purchased my PPCPE and it's one I used the most on my Ipaq. Needless to say I've been bugging the hell out of Vassili and the support staff for some time now, and even helped beta test some of the solutions.

I'm so glad to see this finally resolved...thanks SPB!

Old 04-17-2003, 10:18 PM
kalex
Pupil
Default it fixes the sd card, however

when u switch from full screen keyboard to regular keyboard, regular keyboard appears on top and its cut off. anybody else have this problem or just me?

Old 04-17-2003, 10:52 PM
anthonymoody
Ponderer

HEY! When I first saw this I thought WHOOPIE and FINALLY, all at once! But now that I installed the patch, its works WAY WORSE than before!

1) I get the same problem as kalex...when you switch from the FSK to the regular keyboard, the regular keyboard is at the top of the screen and cut off. You can fix this by closing the keyboard and reopening it, but still, this is a big flaw IMO.

2) Even worse, when I tap the keyboard key in FSK to go back to the regular app, half the time it doesnt 'carry' the text over...just the first letter! ARGH!!! This is an even bigger problem than #1

3) Finally and perhaps worst of all, is that the thing STILL has the same problem as before: if you do a soft reset with an SD card in the slot, FSK WILL NOT LOAD OR RUN. You have to remove the card, soft reset, then reinsert the card...THEN it will work. Just like BEFORE I installed the patch.

Jeez guys. For this long a wait you'd think the thing would actually work at least as well as before. It's worse now, and not by just a little.

TM

Old 04-17-2003, 10:58 PM
anthonymoody
Ponderer

Hmm...well, I just tried using it from more apps, and problem #2 seems to only happen in the calendar. In Word and Inbox (the 2 most important for me) it carries the full text over, no problem. Now, if only the fix actually fixed #1 and #3...

TM

Old 04-17-2003, 11:18 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Thanks for the feedback Anthony - we'll look into it ASAP. Everyone is asleep right now in Russia, but when they wake up, they'll see my email. :-) From what I understand the patch was tested quite heavily, and we used a few external people for testing to make sure it was compatible. Ultimately most of the problems stem from a flaw in the OS that we're trying to work around...it's frustrating. :? I'm sorry for your troubles, and we'll see what we can do to get them fixed.

Jason Dunn
VP Marketing
Spb Software House

Old 04-18-2003, 12:02 AM
yawanag
Thinker
Default Spb Full Screen Patch

Count me in with the rest. I, too, have waited and emailed and begged for a Fix. :mrgreen:

When I installed, it seemed to work fine for a brief moment.

1) I get the same problem as kalex...when you switch from the FSK to the regular keyboard, the regular keyboard is at the top of the screen and cut off. You can fix this by closing the keyboard and reopening it, but still, this is a big flaw IMO.

3) Finally and perhaps worst of all, is that the thing STILL has the same problem as before: if you do a soft reset with an SD card in the slot, FSK WILL NOT LOAD OR RUN. You have to remove the card, soft reset, then reinsert the card...THEN it will work. Just like BEFORE I installed the patch.

It was difficult to fully uninstall it from showing in the list of keyboards. Now that I have I don't know if I want to bother again.

Old 04-18-2003, 03:04 AM
anthonymoody
Ponderer

THanks Jason! Well I for one definitely want this app to work and work well, so please do continue the efforts.

Thanks, keep us posted.
TM

Old 04-18-2003, 03:24 AM
k_kirk
Intellectual

Count me in too. I really want it to work as I'm 'input-challenged' otherwise. Not repeating the issues raised by others that I also have here's an additional bug that I'm observing even after the patch:

Occasionally the area near the top of XDA with the time and signal strength etc (I'll call it the taskbar) will show superimposed on FSK. When this happens you can't press the letters overlapped by the taskbar and you can't see the part of FSK display that's obscured. Additionally when I hit the little keyboard button that send FSK away I enter a vicious cycle where FSK just comes back again. Only way out is resetting the XDA.

Old 04-18-2003, 01:23 PM
anthonymoody
Ponderer

k_kirk - I noticed the same 2 problems you did. For me, the top bar sometimes shows over the keyboard, but only if you press the hard buttons for calendar, address book, etc.
I also got the cycle you were talking about. You can usually escape it by pressing where the little arrow would be next to the picture of the keyboard. You need the stylus to get in there though, kind of obviating the usefulness of a finger keyboard (i.e. b/c you have to pick up the stylus when you're done typing). Hopefully this will be fixed too. That said, this problem was more in calendar than in word or inbox, at least for me.

TM