¹ Microsoft iPod Spoof Video - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 12-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Microsoft iPod Spoof Video

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2006/12/youtube_microso.html

"Say what you will about the Zune, but Microsoft has retained one of its core competencies: Making funny spoof videos for company events. A recent company meeting in Seattle included a fine lampoon of those witty Apple commercials with Comedy Central know-it-all John Hodgman. You may froth at will, Apple fans."

Someone did something they weren't supposed to: record an internal Microsoft spoof video. Microsoft does some hilarious videos for internal use, but due to licensing issues they never get released externally. Every MVP Summit we get to see their latest video, and it's always hilarious - mostly from seeing Gates or Ballmer try to act. At any rate, this is a spoof video essentially mocking the iPod for the way it acquires new music versus the Zune getting it wirelessly. While the theory is correct, the video doesn't mention the 3 day/3 play limitation, whereby most music probably times out before a user gets a chance to listen to it (though I recently had a good experience with this that I'll talk about later.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:14 PM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari

So far all the strong features of the Zune, Microsoft picks probably the weakest, most poorly planned, and most controversial feature to highlight?

Jeez... How about the UI, screen, durability, etc.?

I know it's internal, but their "excitement" over this feature that's a massive reacharound to the record industry and a smack in the face to consumer is proof that MS just doesn't get it.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Aaron Roma
Editor Emeritus

Haha! That was a cute! I didn't realize MS made a habbit of internally releasing spoof videos.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari

Don't you remember the "If the iPod was designed by Microsoft" one?

Old 12-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Lime
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent M Ferrari View Post
Don't you remember the "If the iPod was designed by Microsoft" one?
That's a classic! Microsoft indeed does make the most "comprehensive" packaging, compared to the "simplicity" with Apple's.

This one is great too. I love that last part where the iPod guy is explaining how he shares songs, and then the Zune guy tries to show him how Zune shares. Of course, the Apple guy freaking out is a classic too.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Dyvim
Sage

Funny video, but of course they neglect the fact that to actually purchase new music for the Zune it's at least as complicated as the process described by the Mac guy if not more so (since you have to buy Zune points first).