Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 03-18-2003, 06:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default HP iPAQ 1910 Proporta Aluminium Case

http://www.proporta.com/detail.asp?id=444

"Proporta is due to release a smart aluminium case in the next few weeks. Made of aircraft grade aluminium it will include all usual features of our other aluminium cases, such as those for the iPAQ Series, PEG-T Series, and m5xx Series. If you place your order now, not only will you be one of the first people to recieve this stylish new case, but we will send you one of our sporty protective neoprene cases to use while you await delivery. The even better part is that when we ship you're aluminium case to you, you're free to keep the neoprene case."

This case looks sweet! They have a nice high resolution image as well. I'm really impressed with the design of the 1910, and Ashley likes it too - she keeps threatening to steal it from me. With a device this small, the one thing you don't want to do is add bulk to it with a big case. A tight-fitting metal case is a sexy add-on!

For those that are interested, Proporta only chages $3.50 US for world-wide shipping, which amazes me. And no, this is not an affiliate link. :wink:

Old 03-18-2003, 06:43 PM
Boxster S
Intellectual

Looks great! :rock on dude!:

Old 03-18-2003, 07:25 PM
smittyofdhs
Thinker

by the way, they are still coming out with the SX56 model too! I receieved an email from them that said "if we make it..." so I emailed again to find out what "if" meant and they said they "would be producing it soon"

Old 03-18-2003, 08:03 PM
gorkon280
Philosopher
Default Dangit!

Where's my proporta for my e740????? I won a 50 % off coupon and I want a proporta case! Besides, the aluminum case would look SOO sweet next to the metal of the e740. :rock on dude!:

Old 03-18-2003, 08:12 PM
Yorch
Ponderer

I actually can't believe that the Xda is been out longer than this Ipaq, and they already have a case for it uppydogeyes:

Old 03-18-2003, 08:22 PM
smittyofdhs
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorch
I actually can't believe that the Xda is been out longer than this Ipaq, and they already have a case for it uppydogeyes:
they did mention in the email that they had some production issues with the XDA case. Remember that the Ipaqs (not sure about the 1900 series) have a case that's made to add to, such as the std cover it comes with, or the pc card sleeves, etc... so designing a case for the ipaq is easier since the ipaq was made for attachments. The ppcpe device aren't really setup for this so they had to find a way to keep the case on the device....

Old 03-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Gen-M
Intellectual

I just wish that they made it flip up or down instead of to the side. I can't use the coverpaq on my 3800 because I find it awkward to hold.

Old 03-18-2003, 08:59 PM
Dave Conger
Sage
Send a message via MSN to Dave Conger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-M
I just wish that they made it flip up or down instead of to the side. I can't use the coverpaq on my 3800 because I find it awkward to hold.
Though what is interesting is the new cases open to the right instead of the left like the older iPAQ one I have. It will be interesting to see if this is beneficial, as it could be to a right handed user that holds their device in their left hand.

Old 03-18-2003, 09:02 PM
smittyofdhs
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdadave
Quote:
Though what is interesting is the new cases open to the right instead of the left like the older iPAQ one I have. It will be interesting to see if this is beneficial, as it could be to a right handed user that holds their device in their left hand.

FYI.... the Compaq ones (3800 series & up) open either way, for left and right handed users. All you have to do is take the cover/hinge off and replace it on the opposite side.

Old 03-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Gen-M
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyofdhs
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdadave
Quote:

FYI.... the Compaq ones (3800 series & up) open either way, for left and right handed users. All you have to do is take the cover/hinge off and replace it on the opposite side.
That's true of the CoverPaq, but what about the Proporta case?