¹ Zune: Pleasure or Displeasure to the Senses? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 08-29-2006, 06:38 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Zune: Pleasure or Displeasure to the Senses?

You've probably already checked out the Zune in all its FCC glory. Now it's time for you to voice your thoughts. Perhaps you're worried about the size. You may like or dislike the button arrangement. Not a fan of the colours? Whatever the case, let us know what you think about the aesthetics of the Zune.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Aaron Roma
Editor Emeritus

I don't really have much against it, per say, but it's just completely uninspiring. We'll have to see about usability, but based soley on aesthetics, it's still seems a step behind iPod.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:31 PM
ucfgrad93
Intellectual

Doesn't look that good to me. Hopefully, the FCC pictures are of a preproduction model. Different colors might help, but aesthetically it's way behind the iPod.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Caliente
Pupil

its not revolutionary by any means. nevertheless, if some interesting colour options are investigated, or even vinyl stick-ons are released we could have a trendy looking machine.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

It's so tough to say - photos from FCC documents are always SO incredibly bad, they could make even the best-looking device look ugly. I'm concerned about the thickness myself - the photos make it look big. I really want to hold it in my hands though, because with my Zen Vision:M for instance, even though on paper it's significantly thicker than an iPod, when holding it I have no complaints about the thickness.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:39 PM
SuperFreak
Pupil

I love the specs, but not too excited about the design...

Hopefully, the final design will be pleasing enough - But heck, who am I kidding, I'm going to end up gettin it anyway...

Old 08-29-2006, 11:57 PM
mcsouth
Thinker

I would agree with others that the external design is not particularly inspiring - it even seems somewhat bland. For that matter, the iPod design never really struck me as being that inspiring either, but it does at least seem better proportioned or something - maybe due to the size of the click wheel on the front of the unit, or the chrome back. Personally, I's like to see it in a rich blue or perhaps a forest green.....with complementary led lighting glow around the controls in a soft blue perhaps....

key is still going to come back to what this player can handle - what file formats, what is the interface like, etc.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:01 AM
Macguy59
Mystic
Default Tough to say

without seeing it in person. I thought early pics of the Q were butt ugly but then I saw one in a Verizon store . . . and now I own one. Similar to the Vision:M. Thing looked like a brick in pictures but felt less so in my hand (though much thicker than my Video iPod)