Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Steven Cedrone
Default Vieka releases vBar Version 1.3

http://www.vieka.com/vbar.htm

"At a mere 21K bytes, vBar is the world's smallest and fastest Pocket PC Task Manager!"

What's new in version 1.3:

� The OK button in both Programs and Settings are enabled to allow easy navigation.
� The OK button problem with some third party software such as List Pro, etc. was fixed.

vBar can be downloaded in either executable or .cab format for your installation pleasure! :wink: And best of all, it's free!!!

Old 02-14-2003, 07:16 PM
Jonathan1
Pontificator

Does anyone know of a task\program manager that actually uses the colors of the theme for the PPC? Its somewhat annoying when you go through the time and effort to make a theme with good coloring and you get WISBAR and its clones to plop a blue bar over it. Dang it I like my gradate coloring!

Old 02-14-2003, 07:20 PM
daninnj
Ponderer

If I'm not mistaken, Pelmar's Wisbar has a "Use 2002 Theme/Facelift Colors" option.

DanInNJ

Old 02-14-2003, 07:21 PM
G-squared
Pupil

Gigatask uses the theme color on my PPC. I use it in Pro Mode and it works really well.

Old 02-14-2003, 07:50 PM
RickP in AZ
Intellectual
Send a message via Yahoo to RickP in AZ

Magic Button works great with themes. In fact this is the main reason why it has weened me away from vBar... Also free.

(Does anyone get the feeling that I like Magic Button based on how often I've mentioned it lately?)

Old 02-14-2003, 09:54 PM
TopDog
Sage
Send a message via Skype™ to TopDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan1
Does anyone know of a task\program manager that actually uses the colors of the theme for the PPC?
Switch!

You can find it here:
http://www.hfrmobile.com/download_system.htm

I love this app... doesn't slow down the PPC at all :-)

Old 02-14-2003, 10:25 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

wow! that magic button is really cool. i had never heard of it before. man, there are soooo many apps out there to fix microsoft's (X) oops.

Old 02-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Steve C
Neophyte
Default Magic Button

I really like Magic Button, but I do wish I could skin the background to look more like the Bliss background I currently use :?

Old 02-14-2003, 11:28 PM
jeffmd
Thinker

pocketblinds integrates a styled pull down task manager very much like this. looks and works great but pocket blinds itself is a cpu hog.

Old 02-15-2003, 06:12 AM
jimski
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan1
Does anyone know of a task\program manager that actually uses the colors of the theme for the PPC? Its somewhat annoying when you go through the time and effort to make a theme with good coloring and you get WISBAR and its clones to plop a blue bar over it. Dang it I like my gradate coloring!
Not a problem. I am using vBar with a sand color theme. vBar allows you to insert a background image, so I opened Paint on my desktop and created a small bitmap file that exactly matches the color of my theme and viola, you can't tell the difference. Only took two or three tries to get it perfect.