Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Events

Old 12-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Want to Win a Black Zune? Post a Message

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the black Zune that I'm going to give away to one lucky Zune Thoughts reader. I opened the box in Seattle, where I bought it, just to make sure it wasn't defective, booted up OK, and updated it with the latest firmware. It's brand new and never been used, and I'm going to give it to one of you.

Here's how you can win it: simply post a message in this thread telling me one thing you like about the Zune. Any feature you like, any benefit you think the Zune will give you. One post per person, and one week from now on Thursday the 14th I'll do a random drawing at 12 noon my time (Mountain). That person will win the Zune - I'll ship it to them, along with a swanky Zune Thoughts micro light (yet to be unveiled officially), and possibly a couple of other goodies...

Please note that we're manually authenticating everyone's first post on this site, so if you don't see your post appear right away, don't try to post another one. We'll try to check and approve all the posts as quickly as possible, but please wait eight hours before trying to post again. If you've already posted on the site, your post will appear right away.

UPDATE: Yes, I'll ship anywhere in the world, at my cost. So if you're an international user, please enter the contest! The Zune Pass music subscription won't work for you, and you'll need to buy Xbox Live points from a USA retail store, but the Zune software itself works fine, and the Zune will get firmware updates no matter where you are in the world.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:21 PM
echoreader
Neophyte
Default Zune's Beautiful UI

I like many things about the Zune, but if I had to choose just one, it would be its beautiful user interface. I have purchased 5 iPods and am an avid Apple fan, so complimenting the Zune's interface says a lot about Microsoft's first try - and it's a great one. Microsoft recognizes that it's all about the total experience. With its rich UI, it immerses the user even more. Great job, Zune team!

Old 12-07-2006, 11:41 PM
zippyd00
Neophyte

Zune has the best interface of any MP3 player I've seen yet. Very easy to use and extremely intuitive.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:45 PM
greekgoat91
Neophyte

What I like about the Zune, and what I think makes it unique its double shot. I haven't seen this done with any other device and I think that it makes it stand out.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Cortezo
Neophyte
Default Quick!

I upgraded to a Zune from an Archos GMini 400. I have to say that I like that the Zune is incredibly quick with the viewing of and scrolling through music and pictures. The Archos was extremely slow when trying to give a small slideshow, but the Zune is incredibly quick.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:21 AM
LPD
Ponderer

The large easy to read screen is my favorite feature.

[Looks like Jason is back from vacation and starting back up with a big splash - a great give-a-way. Three cheers for Jason]

Old 12-08-2006, 12:21 AM
robshobs
Ponderer

I am looking forward to the "larger" screen for viewing movies and videos.

Rob

Old 12-08-2006, 12:39 AM
DrMobo
Pupil
Default Music

Firstly, for better or worse I ripped my entire (maybe 200) CD collection in the wma format several years ago. No ipod for me, I now have too many kids to allow the time to re-rip in another format. The twist navigation makes a lot of sense to me and I like public radio. I think the price I paid (one is on order, black) was a darn good deal for a 30 gig player. Microsoft's deep pockets can sometimes benefit us, when they are hungry to beat someone.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:40 AM
idawgik
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to idawgik Send a message via Yahoo to idawgik

I absolutely love the interface on the Zune. I hated the iPod interface and compared to the Zune I've seen in person, the Creative Zen Vision:M I have just looks, well, archaic.

I've been wanting a Zune since before they were released, just haven't had the money so far, would love to win one

Old 12-08-2006, 12:52 AM
ucfgrad93
Intellectual

For me, the interface is way better than the iPod's.