Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 01-12-2003, 08:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default TextMaker: What's the Verdict?

http://www.softmaker.de/tmp_en.htm

Pocket PC Thoughts reader Todd is considering purchasing TextMaker, and now that it's been out for a while, he was wondering what his fellow Pocket PC users thought of it. Time for a poll!

Old 01-12-2003, 09:06 PM
DrtyBlvd
Sage

Can I suggest the addition of a "Just Show the Results" Option please?

Old 01-12-2003, 09:13 PM
kennyg
Intellectual

Sorry for the utterly flawed vote, but it was the only thing I could think of as an equivelent to "I don't need it and won't be trying it."

Old 01-12-2003, 09:30 PM
icatar
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to icatar Send a message via Yahoo to icatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyg
Sorry for the utterly flawed vote, but it was the only thing I could think of as an equivelent to "I don't need it and won't be trying it."
Ditto. But of course we don't think that you're flawed.

Old 01-12-2003, 10:30 PM
ipaq adam
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to ipaq adam

TextMaker is a wonderful application. I use it every day, and I'm still realizing how great it is. I can't think of anything I can do in Word 2000 that I can't do in TextMaker. Well worth the price, even on a tight budget like mine.

Of course, a full size keyboard is necessary to make TextMaker truly useful, and I highly recommend spending the extra money for the desktop version.

Another plus - installing HP's free printing utility allows you to save RTF documents out of TextMaker to print them from your Pocket PC. How cool is that?

Old 01-12-2003, 10:33 PM
PapaSmurfDan
Ponderer

Anyone know when they are going to release thier spreadsheet program? I am currently holding off even thinking about buying TextMaker until that is released (and see if they have a decent price on the two combined). At the price just for the PPC standalone version, I find it bit pricy.

Other than that, it seems like a good word processor. I was going to hammer out a paper for a class on it, but the PC eval copy is refusing to open files made on my PPC.

-Dan

Old 01-12-2003, 11:02 PM
tw
Ponderer

Here is the verdict of infoSync.no about Textmaker:

Quote:
"[...]

Conclusion

Overall, TextMaker is a true wonder of a program. Given a portable keyboard, I would be happy to create a long and complicated document with this application without fear of missing a feature or losing my work. In its efficient use of space (both storage and screen) and equally efficient programming, it stretches the limited platform of the Pocket PC to new limits. In sheer power alone it happily leaves its rivals in the dust: in fact, I�d go so far as to say that this is the most important PPC program now available for almost any mobile professional. Those complaining about its cost obviously don�t realise quite what a landmark this is - proper mobile document creation is now a reality."
Wow! That sounds pretty impressive...

Their Textmaker review is here:
http://www.infosync.no/show.php?id=2817

Old 01-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Steven Cedrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyBlvd
Can I suggest the addition of a "Just Show the Results" Option please?
What about "View Results" under the "Submit Vote" button?

Steve

Old 01-12-2003, 11:07 PM
huangzhinong
Philosopher

The old HPC version textmaker can print document so good that i used everyday in my Jornada 568, but this PPC version removed this SO IMPORTANT function, i have to pass it.

I believe a lot of people here Don't know textmake could print pictures and documents seamless before.

Old 01-12-2003, 11:50 PM
markan
Ponderer

I like Textmaker, but there are things that I struggle doing and the documentation isn't good enough yet to help me. They would really benefit from a support forum or mailing list to help us help each other.

While I'm on the subject; how DO you do multiple level numbered headings?